Are we close to SHTF scenario?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I would say within the next 3 to 6, would probably be a fairer statement on my part. History does repeat, and basing the Bible as a historical reference. Using comparisons between this country and another we could be set up for trouble. We PM'ed about it once, remember?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah I remember. I'm still seeing the same patterns.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I belive it is coming. I just hope I get my ducks in a row before hand!

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Pretty sure, one way or another we are going to see nationwide Katrina. Can't say the exact cause or causes. Perhaps a domino effect, until too many things have fallen, etc... I think we in for hard times, even if we don't have a total economic collapse. The writting is on the wall. We must all prepare and take care of our interests.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yes, a big change is coming definitely. not sure on time frame, but next few years the economy etc. will all be tanking.

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hummm.... I grew up during "the Cold War". Bomb shelters in the back yard and "Duck and Cover" drills in school. Parents and grandparents went through wars and "The Depression". I'm sure their parents had their times of strife and doom. Someone somewhere is always saying "The End Is Near!"
My thoughts....Prepare for the worst and hope for the best! Hey, if a disaster of any type hits, wouldn't it be great to be able to take care of those you love? I have grown children, I have grand children. I might not be around when SHTF.... but I can have things ready for them if it dose!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Cindlady2 said:
Someone somewhere is always saying "The End Is Near!"
My thoughts....Prepare for the worst and hope for the best! Hey, if a disaster of any type hits, wouldn't it be great to be able to take care of those you love? I have grown children, I have grand children. I might not be around when SHTF.... but I can have things ready for them if it dose!
My thoughts exactly.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I will collect Social Security. My kid won't. I sure believe that.

it isn't a one time disaster for me. I see it as a change of living lifestyle for everyone. change in how the money is run thru this world. how financing works. how prices will soar and people have to adapt or face financial troubles. less jobs in the future for the masses.

it is changing and it is in our faces right now. the depression changed life for many. I believe that type of life change is coming again global.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Y'all, are making me think I need to go over my long list and move some things to the short list. (I have been putting it off for a while now)