Are we into Global Warming or Global Cooling right now?

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
the weather man here, James Spann, has an uncanny knack of being able to predict the weather. He does seminars all around the USA and is a well respected meteorologist and his prediction is that we are headed into a global cool down, which he said he was very concerned about because of the inability for a lot of people to deal with harsh winters especially those of us in Dixie.

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Granted, we (down here in Dixie) are not prepared for that kind of weather. I heard a comedian one time talking one time about how he lives in NY and if it comes six inches of snow one night, he knows he's going to be ten minutes late for work because that's how long it takes him to put the snow-chains on his tires.

On the other hand, he was in Atlanta, GA once when it snowed six inches and the whole airport shut down.

After a month of 'hunnard dagree' weather this summer, I'm ready for it, sister! Bring on that snow!

LOL

Cassandra <prepared to make some adjustments>

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'm not worried about global cooling...it already happened, and no one died. I wonder how big a deal they are going to try to make of it this time.

What I really can't believe is how much of a panic they manage to put people into over such small temp changes! More brainwash...they seem to put us into a panic over everything these days. I'm done falling for it. I lived through the global cooling of the seventies...so did most of you...and really I don't remember it being that much different except we got 6 ft of snow in a winter instead of the four we've been averaging the last few years, and yes it was alittle colder, but we dress for it:>)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:
I heard it was both- sun cooling and greenhouse gasses heating up. So maybe it is just going to work out perfectly.
Ever the optimist.... :) That's what I love about you! Its never glass half empty for you, is it?

Me? I just want to know who left the glass in the living room! :mad: :D :lol:

I don't ever contemplate the changing atmospheric temps...I just put on a jacket or put on a pair of shorts, whatever the temps dictate. Basically, I think that's what we just have to do here....just come prepared and adapt accordingly! From where I'm setting tonight, its decidedly time for the dinosaurs to build a fire! :lol:

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
My woodstove has been going steady for three days now...we're hitting frost at nights and getting wet snow in the daytime...thankfully I have a houseful of goosedown duvets and log cabin quilts!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
My woodstove has been going steady for three days now...we're hitting frost at nights and getting wet snow in the daytime...thankfully I have a houseful of goosedown duvets and log cabin quilts!
Ditto on the down duvets! Simply LOVE mine...like sleeping under a warm cloud.... :) Going to get me some geese so I can make my own one day. Pretty cold here as well and has been all summer. Only used my fan 3 times at night for the whole summer!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
We had a cool summer here as well. I think we might have had about 10 days total where we wanted to cool off in the lake...didn't use any fans at all...and I noticed the air conditioners were "on sale" all summer because no one was buying them:>)