Are we into Global Warming or Global Cooling right now?

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
We had snow here in the desert that was still on the ground the next morning a yr ago Jan., & we never have gotten snow that stayed on the ground before. And this summer it was cool nights until June for us, which is highly unusual. And we had a mild summer this yr too. Although we are at 105 days of over 100 temps. That is still mild as most of them were under 110. July/Aug., are usually full of 115+ days & we never hit that this yr!!!! Bring on the cooling I say.

You can only take off so many clothes in the heat, but you can always put more on or add another blanket to the bed in the cold!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Just have to grow our stuff in a green house from now on....with a wood stove attached! :lol: :p

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
We had a cool summer here as well. I think we might have had about 10 days total where we wanted to cool off in the lake...didn't use any fans at all...and I noticed the air conditioners were "on sale" all summer because no one was buying them:>)
But a few years ago, friend of ours up in I.F. were complaining the they had a really hot humid summer--alot of people were getting central air put in. also that winter they had hardly any snow. I don't know enough about global warming or cooling. so I can't speak on facts, but it seems to me that there will always be cycles in weather.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Practically every year I find myself saying how odd the weather has been- now even the thought that I have said the same thing every year has a feeling of dejavu about it.
It's bad when you find you're getting bored of yourself.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
enjoy the ride said:
Practically every year I find myself saying how odd the weather has been- now even the thought that I have said the same thing every year has a feeling of dejavu about it.
It's bad when you find you're getting bored of yourself.
:/ I have that problem quite frequently....comes from being alone too much, I think! I get tired of hearing myself talk to myself and find I really don't have anything new to say that I haven't already heard! Does that make sense? No? Well, there ya' go! See what I mean? :|

Homesteadmamma

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I am one of those who don't believe in global warming. Yes pollution is bad and we should cut emissions. If you look at historical data the Earth goes through heating and cooling trends. It takes place over decades, in 50 years we will be concerned with global cooling thinking we cut back on stuff too much!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
We were being told in the 80's that we were going to freeze to death in the dark, because a new ice age was dawning. Different era, same scare tactics.