Are we living our dream?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Yeah I can do it but DH and I work against each other on diet. So living with him requires lots of self discipline. He just sits there and starts talking about bread pudding and anything for a sweet tooth. I have been over weight for a very long time but since I have been with him, it’s reached dangerous levels. Plus he is a really great cook.
Tell him your boundary "don't talk to me about junk food" or whatever, and then every time he does, you can walk away. Put ear plugs in your pocket or purse for times you can't walk away, like in a vehicle.

You can't control what he says, but you CAN control what you listen to. :hugs

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Today was hard. I caught a chill and was tired but I do get tired usually by the 2nd day of cutting out the starches. I am not even on the second day though. I took a breathing treatment and refused some fresh baked bread. I am probably about to boil a bunch of eggs for salads. It’s crazy but it always looked like the starches did me in more than sugar. So poor DH spoke to shut me up when I was talking to DS, about a financial matter (I have always been his financial adviser) and I told him not to interfere with my conversations with my son and I am afraid I hurt his feelings….badly. So now I have to reassure him that he matters to me. A salad and a back rub might help 🤷‍♀️ So I think I best plant more stuff from the seed bed. Some of my salad garden is getting big and wants some pebbles. I see flowers about to show up on one cucumber and green bean plant.
Maybe I go for a prayer walk in the dark.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I know it’s getting late but we have to make sure the ducklings have water and then we normally bring Trouble for a run. She got dirty 2 nights ago because she saw a raccoon crossing one of the bridges in the back and I just knew she couldn’t resist. She must have dove for it. By the time she came to the truck her paws were all muddy and I made her come home in the back of the truck. Bad puppy. So we brought her to a much more tight run last night. Probably about to repeat. DH is in the zone. Playing with his phone. He found a special on Ideal. Apparently he can create whatever 15 chicks he wants for $32. Well my eggs are cooling and I have planted 2 milk jugs and a soda bottle with green beans and cucumbers in pebbles and Miracle Grow. I am afraid I must have killed my lettuce and have to start more. Really weird times I decide to get farm chores done. I managed to get a make up appointment for DH with his cardiologist and got after his PCP about a sleep study so he can get a new CPAP. Hoping to get some good going for him. He said he doesn’t feel well so I might be going solo with Trouble.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes. He is a type II diabetic, controlled by oral hyperglycemia meds. When we got married almost 3 years ago he weighed about 100 pounds more than me and I was already overweight. There is no longer that difference anymore.
He swears he couldn’t go without breads, rice and potatoes.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It’s pancake day and I am about to make a keto pancake. It’s hard to flip so I will make it tiny. I ordered some Carbquick. I find it slightly easier to use than nut flours from the store. I would love a few pointers. Maybe I can just use it for baking. I think DH is trying today to eat right. Never mind. He went for the corn flakes 🤷‍♀️ I really thought I had lettuce but it was a cabbage. Guess I got to fix that.
Well it’s raining. Looks like it will rain until Saturday. Not much outside chores in that. Maybe bare minimum.