Are we living our dreams?

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm accepting a part-time night position. I will work Friday and Saturday nights only, unless I'm called in for an extra shift. I only need one more 8 hour shift to exceed my current pay and that shouldn't be a problem to find. A 40 hour check, which will exceed an 84 hour check is pretty good by me. I'm going in for my TB test Tuesday, followed by a trip to Felger's for some SAS's (shoes that beat all shoes). I"m pretty hard on my shoes and its time for a new pair.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Anytime you can get more pay for less hours - BONUS! Congrats - I hope the new job works out well for you. :)

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanx. I need to leave as nice as possible, but I do plan on setting a few things straight. I do need to remember that DH is going to have to stay there. Its a good benefit job and he had a heart attack and can't be expected to do hard manual labor anymore. But I don't need unnecessary drama going find him at work. He is not really a person for you to ask to fight....he will give it to you. That and a heart attack don't mix well. But writting is on the wall. I need to spend more time home.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am determined to learn how to nurse with a ^%&*%&^ computer. More than feeling despair, I feel challenged. I think I can do it, but I don't care for it. Well, I trained last night, but I wasn't in the system, so I will need my administrator to add me. I'm going in tonight, just to see if I can learn more, even if I have to do it as another nurses shadow.
My oldest is in a job hunt and she might have to accept whatever she finds, even if she has a master's degree in biology. With my extra paycheck, I think I will hire her to help me with a few farming projects I need to get done. She is my child after all. Well, I gotta dress in white......see ya'll later. (yeah, I have to dress in white, like when I was a nurse and not a computer tech, who happened to be responsible for 60 old people....just kiddin....I"m good)

KnightMare

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
rhoda_bruce said:
I am determined to learn how to nurse with a ^%&*%&^ computer.
O my dear Rhoda. You can't possibly imagine the image that this sentence created until I read the rest of your post...:lol:

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Its an old job that I'm taking back, but like a friend/co-worker said,"Its like riding a bike, you never forget." Well, I told her, "That bike has new parts to it," and its true. It don't improve healthcare, as far as I can see it.
I can understand Knightmare....I have been told a few times in my life that I have a way with words. Well, I'm going to my chillout job tonight and back to my herbal studies. I feel like I know more today than I did yesterday at this time about computer nursing, but I'll know even more after I'm added to the system again and do a shift under another nurses supervision. I DO IT NEXT TIME.....ME!! No more shadows.
Well, if I am defined by my work then let me nurse.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanx. Appreciate it. Just got home from my chill out job, but kinda sleepy. Don't think any of my animals got tended to yet, but DS was in charge Sunday and he overfeeds, so that might be why I didn't hear any screams coming from the yard, when I drove up.
Well, I've been very discouraged with my araucana project. Its more of a collection of hard to manage animals, rather than a profitable business/project. I'm seriously thinking about selling my old stock to the next Latin American customer who comes looking for meat and taking the young chickens I have and combining them all in a single project with one single roo and whatever I get from them, I get. I don't even think I will worry about tails anymore. Its just not feasible. I keep hatching out chicks from eggs and I have such a hard time cuz of infertile eggs and then it looks like if they get to be a few weeks old, I have to worry more about cannabilism more than my sex-link project. I can still keep the young birds I have and when I get eggs, I know they will be blue and will freak out my customers, but I really believe I"m downsizing and not going to worry about selective breeding. The whole time I am having 4 separate araucana projects, thats 4 stalls I'm using up that some of them could be used to produce meat for my freezer. As a matter of fact, I might even kill them myself, if no one shows up soon.
Well, one more cup of coffee and I'm outta here to do my 40 minutes of chores.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've never really tried for selective breeding. I'm happy that I've finally gotten eggs to hatch! :lol: