Are we living our dreams?

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, tomorrow and next day, I expect shipments of chicks to come in. Bantams first, then standard breeds. That ought to be fun. All my older chicks are in a stall to finish them out.
My godson and DS are now going to work together, so they can carpool.....yeehaa!!
I might as well get started myself on the fence. Maybe if I do, DS and the nephews will join in.....after work, of course. At this point, I think my lady friends might come help me, just to make sure it gets done.
I must look really different going out to do my chores lately, with my hair fixed, nails painted, leather open toed shoes, shorts or dresses....always like I'm expecting visitors. Guess I just want to feel good, so I decided to look like I want to feel. Hey....its a start.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm brooding in the house because of the cold spell. I picked out a box that is slightly too small, but seeings as they have only known crowding, I don't think they notice, but I'll have to remedy that soon before something bad happens. I don't really think I have to worry about them eating each other until they over a week, but it won't take me that long to fix it. Maybe the weather will change and I can take them out.
So today I got the bantams....10 white silkies and 30 cornish bantams. I pretty much run a no-nonsense farm, so I haven't been dabbling in anything cute; everything has been about eggs and meat, but I'm missing out on good hatch rates, because the geese eggs aren't hatching out well in the bator, so I figure some guaranteed broodies might be in order. Also, people keep asking me about if I do pickled quail eggs, and I have in the past, but don't have enough brooders to consider it now, so I figured if I have a regular supply of very small chicken eggs, I can just pickle those, provided I'm not incubating them for other reasons. Also, I have trouble selling chicks since the feedstore began carrying them, but I often have to turn customers away because of not having bantams chicks to sell. However the cornish bantams probably won't fit the bill of what most people want in a bantam. I just love their bodies though.
Okay....on another note. DD 18 is very shy and very pretty. She has never gone out on a date. She is active in the youth group at church and stayes close to the family. Well, this farm boy, who is also homeschooled and works sometimes on a local ranch, was talking to the family of another child from the youth group and he wanted to find a girlfriend who was a really good girl, loved Jesus and would treat him right (apparently he had a girlfriend who was very modern...idk), so the friend tells him (in front of her mother) that she thinks she knows the perfect girl and looks at Mom and says,"What about JSB???" and they all got excited and the 2 have been texting each other. Both of them are too shy to actually talk to each other. Well, last night she accidentally butt called him, while she was on the house phone with DD25 talking about buying dresses, covering up any tattoos (DD25 not 18) and other arrangements to attend a church banquet, so he heard her voice for about 20 minutes before she figured out her butt was vibrating and she looked at it and realized she had called him. She put it to her ear and heard him saying,"Uh huh, uh huh...." and she freaked out and hung up. Poor baby. Anyway, he works afternoons at the lumber yard, in the feed dept and I need a small feeder, a quail waterer and a bunch of fence posts, so very soon, I'm going get a look at him. Maybe she will come too. Well, that took longer than I had planned.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
That's hilarious! Butt dialing isn't usually a good thing :p Maybe they'll get together eventually. If it works, it will work.
Baymule is right that it will be best if you can find some detachment from your Ex. He is on his own journey, and all you can do is send energy out that he will find a better way. No amount of begging or wishing or hoping will change him if he doesn't want to change himself. Sometimes people just are that negative.
Sending you some warm grounding energy.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I know. Even if I can't change him, or him me, I'm trying to do what I think I should. I just got off phone with him. He called....not me. He was complaining about his supervisor (who really is a butt) and telling me that all the bridge tenders have a meeting Tuesday about dresscodes, calling for their own replacements, etc....and he was mad. So I just listen to him....all the while worrying that he will quit and not be able to find another job, with his heart and knowing that being mad will only cause palpatations, so I let him tell me all he wanted and threw my 2 cents worth, here and there about previous supervisor, comparing to current one and then I tell him,"Look, why don't you ride this horse as long as you can and just bid your time, until he is fired, so you and all the other tenders can be at peace. In the meantime, just keep a log of everything he tells you that is wrong, in your work journal and when its bad enough, report it to who all needs to know....hopefully other tenders, mechanics, secretaries and truck drivers do the same." So he was good with that. He is a firecracker, so its only a matter of time before he explodes, but I figure if he can keep himself calm and keep his job, then it is good for him and good for me and the kids. I stayed on the phone longer than I wanted, but I was nice and we didn't argue, so thats good.
I did tell him something I've been thinking.....I want the head mechanic to know that as soon as the supervisor is fired (cuz eventually it will happen, unless he has a nervous breakdown and quits) I want to be called, so I can put my application back as a tender. I love my current checks because I will be able to pay back everything I borrowed against my inheritance real quick, but when these feet really can't handle nursing, I want an open door back to my old, cushy job. It was awesome, just sitting down, doing exactly whatever I wanted to do and get paid to do it; even making Christmas presents and repairing clothes or making quilts.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'd like a job like that as well!