Arugula? Need ideas!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I think eggplant is one of those vegetables you either love or hate. :)

Oh, I just saw your edit about your eggplants. I love homegrown eggplant! We can only grow small ones here. Can you grow the big ones in CA? I never salt eggplant and let it weep (or whatever the correct cooking term is) unless the recipe states it, but it is supposed to make them less bitter. Part of liking eggplant may have to do with knowing how to pick them in the store or off the plant? . . . when I grow them I make sure to pick them when they start to lose their gloss, but before they start to get really dull looking (which is when the seeds are ripe and the fruit is over-ripe -- I think that is when they are more bitter?).

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
DM, I think the size of the EP is a factor....I may be wrong, but I tend to think those bog ol giant ones are the ones that are more prone to being bitter....maybe just because they are kept n the plant longer and are bordering on overripe when picked. Like zucchini, little ones- delish, big ones-mushy.

I am hoping that I can get my family to eat the ones that. I grow.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I hope so too Dace. :)

I like the little eggplants more too, but any type of eggplant is good to me. :D