ATV for Farm Stuff - need direction from y'all

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We love our Zero-Turn - it turned 3 hours of mowing into 45 minutes!! We did spend more than we should have, but DH likes to get the best and bought a commercial grade one. Now he is looking for a bagger attachment for it, and they do make one, lol.

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We love our Zero-Turn - it turned 3 hours of mowing into 45 minutes!! We did spend more than we should have, but DH likes to get the best and bought a commercial grade one. Now he is looking for a bagger attachment for it, and they do make one, lol.
I bought a bagger for my mower. Cost me $350 but was so worth it

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's all about what each needs....I have a bagger & a pull sweeper for the mower. Each has a use. I work here alone 98% of the time, so it makes a difference. I use the backhoe when fencing because I can raise, lower, go right or left, stretch etc. Really it has been a huge help for far more than digging. LOL BUT -- digging was main reason for it. The tractor provides the strength I need to push, pull & lift -- No man, no backtalk, no dirty laundry :lol:

I've hired self & tractor out for work on occasion. Little extra $$.

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
well, my wife gave me the go-ahead to use a significant amount of cash from our House acct after the deck is done being built. So, that expands my budget into that 4k range and makes it obtainable to get what will be useful for us without regretting the purchase. I hate note spending what you should and regretting it later.

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Picked up this little 50cc gem for my kids today :)
20200706_180743.jpg

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
They're gonna love it! We were a motorcycle/dirt bike family waaaaay back when I was a kid. My first bike was a blue Honda 50cc mini-trail. Good times!
Took a little work to get it running but at 2pm today they were able to take it for some rounds up and down the driveway while my wife tried not to look.

I need to adjust the carb a bit, but overall this is good for me as well so I can get more experience with small engines

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have Polaris Sportsman ATV's.
Our first one was a workhorse - 6-wheels, 4'x4' dump bed on the back, part of the dump bed could be changed into a seat for a second rider. Oh, and it had 4 wheel drive and Turf mode. It could carry a second rider and a couple of coolers for trail riding, or 800 lbs on the back for packing out an elk. Problem was that it was not fuel injected, so driving it the mountains was not good - the poor carberater couldn't breath. so we traded it in towards a Polaris 700 with fuel injection.

WE now have 2 of htem, a 700 and a 800. Both have 2-up, winch and dump bed.

For a workhorse that will double for fun, I highly recommend these.
Most all the farmers around here have Mule ATV's (Google Mule ATV) they have a dump bed in the back. They really do come in handy for farm chores and hauling deer out of the woods.

Last edited: