Australia!

karanleaf

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My yes with 3 boys you are Buzy with the rest of your Homestead to keep up with. :weee I myself couldn't have taught my Boys at home either, for both same reasons ;) Oh my, I have seen some of those fires on tv news coverage they had been horrible, your DH is a very brave man to risk his own for others. :clap

But my boys are grown now, we have 5 Grandchildren. The Oldest of our Sons lives in Schweinfurt Germany. Jason is no longer in the service, and works driving supply trucks. His Son and Our oldest Grand son is 17 he will be graduating High School next year :celebrate He lives here with my father & stepmother. His Dad is flying in for his Graduation. :celebrate :celebrate He hasn't been home for 10 years. It will be very good to see him and see my Granddaughter. :hugs Our youngest lives in Jefferson City Missouri a 2 1/2 hour drive away from home. We visit almost everyday by phone and get to see each other on a semi regular basis.

I work at the County Sheriff's Office as Secretary, Dh works with the County Ambulance District plus we have a Greenhouse Business (we just opened this spring :celebrate ) here at our home. So we keep buzy ourselves with all that and our critters many chickens, ducks and horses.

Well I must be getting ready for the office .

It is so very nice to be able to chatt with you. I look forward to the photos :caf :)

:frow Karan :D

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I owe my love of lamb meat to an Australian!

When we first got married (people were still wearing animal skins back then :lol:) our next door neighbor was from New South Wales. We got to be pretty good friends, but have lost touch since she moved back. She was married to an American.

I learned a lot about Australia from her for example when your neighbor calls up and asks to borrow a capsicum from your garden and you didn't even know you were growing those - it means a bell pepper!

The best thing I learned was how to cook and EAT lamb.

We old fashioned hillbilly types had eaten squirrel, raccoon, pork, beef, rabbit, goose, fish and chicken ... but who'd ever tell of eating a stinkin' sheep! :lol: You can hardly find lamb even at our larger grocery stores, unless it is Easter time.

From her I learned the art and developed the craving!

Glad to have you on board as Sufficient Self mate!

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yes we all eat lamb fairly regularly, it's delicious! If you haven't had lamb cutlets you haven't lived!!

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Lovechooks, I'm sure that you are aware that one of the greatest guitar players of all time comes to us from Australia. Any guesses as to whom I'm talking about?

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
No, there's a few good players from Australia, which one?