Autism diet - no gluten, no dairy, no soy

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Made these tonight for another experiment they turned out well and the whole family enjoyed them
Rice Crispy squares
Ingredients:

* 1 3/4 cups brown rice syrup (available at health food stores, Whole foods etc.
* Pinch sea salt
* 3/4 cup natural peanut butter or almond butter
* 7 cups whole grain brown crisped rice cereal
* 1 cup carob chips (optional) I used enjoy brand GF/DF/SF
* Vegetable oil, for greasing

Directions:

1.In a small saucepan, heat the rice syrup and sea salt over low heat until liquefied. Add the peanut butter and cook, stirring, until well combined and heated through but not boiling, about 5 minutes.
2.Pour the cereal into a large bowl. Using a rubber spatula, stir the peanut butter mixture and carob chips, if using, into the cereal.
3.Lightly oil a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Transfer the crispy rice mixture to the baking dish, pressing into an even layer. Let cool for 1 hour before cutting into squares.

grannyB

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Well we got back today from our visit with our GDs. My DIL was grateful for all of your suggestions. Being a busy mother she can't spend a lot of time researching on the web. We went to the health food store a picked up several items. Then the girls and I made a chocolate cake. It turned out to be delicious. I used a gluten free recipe and just substituted for the dairy. Needless to say we had flour and cocoa all over the kitchen before we were done. But they had a good time so it was worth all the clean up.

Thank you all so much. I will keep researching and passing on the info to my DIL.

:thumbsup

grannyB

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
You know, the twins did have a problem stirring with the spoon, but they loved using the hand mixer! Just have to help them keep it straight so stuff doesn't fly! :D

Thanks for your blog. Haven't read all of it yet. Will have to reread it tomorrow when I am not so tired. But so far it is great. I recognize some of the behaviors. Of course I am not with them very much. I understand now why they have not bonded very well with us although they are much better. We don't see them often...just 3 or 4 times a year. We do talk on the phone though.

BTW, you mentioned white vinegar as being a chemical that is bad. Does that apply to unprocessed ACV? DIL wanted a vinegar to make a salad dressing for them so I suggested the ACV and we found some at the health food store. Sophia does have digestive issues, so I would think the fermented ACV would be good for her. Right or wrong???

grannyB

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
we need a minimum of chemicals (vinegar also cleans just about everything!). we need to keep our flora and fauna healthy (eating fermented foods and not antibacterial cleaning things).
Maybe I misunderstood this statement. I thought you meant vinegar was a chemical that was not good. As I reread this I see that you meant that vinegar should REPLACE other chemicals. I said I was tired last night when I read it. :th

dntd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
we just put our son who has asperger's,ocd,adhd,tourettes on the fiendgold diet,hopefully it works.