Average Joe MREs

What's your opinion?

• Keep the ramen and add a vitamin pack

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Find a higher nutrition option (reccomendations please)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have sprouted the hard red wheat for the chickens. They love it!
I sprout corn for them also, just ordinary popcorn from the store. We had a 20# bag of popcorn in our food storage. A red squirrel got into the basement and chewed the bag open and over 1/2 the bag ended up in a pile on the floor. That squirrel must have thought he went to heaven! I wasn't going to throw out 20# of corn, but I won't eat it once it was on the floor and dug through by a squirrel either. So sprout it for the chickens was about my only choice.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sprouting is a good idea for both the livestock AND the people- lots more nutrition in the sprouted stuff as opposed to the seed itself.

Dani4Hedgies

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Tons of great ideas here want to start my own Er rations as well will be taking these ideas.. What about hitting up the asia stores and getting the dehydrated shrimps and tofu? These would allow more options and are loaded with protein as well.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
that sounds great. I also found a site that sell powdered soy sauce and other things like powdered vinegar, Worcestershire, buffalo sauce... all sorts of cool stuff firehousepantrystore.com You could make little packets of sauces for the rations too

Latest posts