Azure Standard

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You're not alone. 😁 But did look at site.
I was right there with you about not knowing about Azure Standard, until I sat down to dinner last night. And was told: "You're taking me into town to pick up an order from Azure Standard" I replied: Aye Ma’am.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Not quite Azure Standard, but we used to get Bountiful Baskets Co-op when we were out in Wyoming. I checked their site, and they don't deliver to Wyoming anymore, lol. that surprised me because that service was so popular.

It was a kinda a crap-shoot of not knowing what you were going to be getting, but fresh produce was fairly hard to come by in Wyoming. The company pooled all the money and bought bulk farm produce. They had some items you could order - like bread and granola, but the bulk of it was the produce. You bought your "basket" and then when the semi pulled in and delivery was made, volunteers would sort the bulk stuff into laundry baskets. When you picked up, you had to bring your own containers to haul it home in. You never knew what would be in your basket. They would get a pallet of lettuce, so we would put 2 heads of lettuce in each basket, then go through and put another head in each basket until we ran out.

We shared a basket with a neighbor couple and one week we got plums. They didn't like plums so we got theirs. What to do with 6 pounds of plums? I never had plums before. So I looked for recipes, made plum sauce and canned it up. Same with pears - I made pear jelly and they inhaled it, lol. so much for not liking pears...

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have ordered from Azure for years. I get dry goods that I cant get locally.
Some things take us a while to go through so I may only do an order every other year.
When I order I ask my DDIL if she needs anything. I ran out of barley; I use it a lot, I like the big bag.
I found that Redmond salt was cheaper here than other places I looked. sometimes they only have a certain amount on hand and by the time your order is picked to load they may be out, so you may not get an item. I didnt get the Bobs 1 to 1 my DDIL wanted, but I did get everything else. She can go to Cash and Carry and get the GF Bobs Red Mill, if they have it in stock. and that's the case everywhere now, you need to get whatever it is you need where you can find it, because lately I am not finding a lot of things we use locally.
Here what I ordered this year, it wasn't a big order, just some stuff to fill in.

Screenshot 2022-11-09 075336.png
The folks at Azure are good people, and will help you as best they can, I recommend calling and talking to them. I know a few people that have a drop site at their house. they get several folks they know to put an order in and make enough for a drop.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I placed my first Azure order today! Should be here the week of Christmas, and the drop off location is where my oldest works all summer long so we know the people and place like a second home :) Excited to see how it all works. Just bought a basic order and nothing in bulk....YET
My wife order a pound of bay leafs, even after giving a bunch a way, we still have like a lifetime supply :gigI think you'll be presently surprised. Great way to meet like minded people 👍

Report back on the experience 🙂

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I will--I ordered lbs (yep lbs) of frozen blueberries, I am so excited!
When we unloaded the semi (tail gate) the frozen stuff came off last because it was in the front of the refrigerated trailer. I liked tailgating the semi, we got to meet new people 👍

Just looked at the bulk frozen blueberry prices, pretty good if you ask me. 🙂

Last edited: