Baby Steps!

Yaya

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Get him starts on the easy stuff and hat gives lots, so the novelty doesn't wear off. Trees and bushes are great and low maintainance.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He's got trees in the ground! We got him a lemon, a lime and an orange. Speaking of low maintenance - he got them in the ground at a good time. We're supposed to get rain most of the week so the watering is done for him!

There are a few more things I'd like him to get...like peach, plums, pecans. But... baby steps for now.

Bay - I totally forgot to look for grapes while we were there. I think perhaps another shopping trip is in order!

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Kudos that he "remembers" all the hard gardening work actually had a purpose and good food results. Now, my question -- does he realize that he bought this parcel for "you" and that you will "need" to visit your trees a whole lot more? :cool:

:hugs

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And, yes - that soil is beautiful and it has sat fallow for several years. The only problem that I really foresee for him is that there is a 'critter' (or 12)that has a den under his garden. As we were working up the rows I stepped a couple of places where the soil collapsed into an underground tunnel of sorts. Me thinks perhaps there is a nice rabbit warren right under that perfect garden soil. He did confirm that they see bunnies in the yard all the time.
bad to the bun.jpg
"Bad to the bun..."