ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
yay! i love those guys - thanks for the heads up
:)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hope they include some of his mothers art work in the books, like they have in the catalogues.

Seems ironic that all of us are trying to simplify and get back to the land and they are doing the exact opposite. But I guess they have their solid foundation already. Best of luck to their family!!!!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I hope they include some of his mothers art work in the books, like they have in the catalogues.

Seems ironic that all of us are trying to simplify and get back to the land and they are doing the exact opposite. But I guess they have their solid foundation already. Best of luck to their family!!!!
What do you mean? How are they doing the opposite? :hu Did I miss something?

That is the mom's artwork? I love that catalog! I just wish it had a LOT more information. I don't always know if a plant will work in my area or what the fruit/veggie is suitable for.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
With their new website you do have a bit more information through the rating system.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
My friend and I went to the Seed Bank this spring to get our seeds. The building used to be a bank for money. It is cool that it now is a place to buy seeds. It is real simple inside, but nice. We had a hard time parking though. The streets of Petaluma are pretty busy. It is a nice little town.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
freemotion said:
TanksHill said:

What do you mean? How are they doing the opposite? :hu Did I miss something?

That is the mom's artwork? I love that catalog! I just wish it had a LOT more information. I don't always know if a plant will work in my area or what the fruit/veggie is suitable for.
I don't know. I am thankful for the good work he has done collecting seeds and their place in Mansfield is wonderful. But I hope they don't get sucked into the "big Business" side of thing. I do wish them much success. But I like the small town feel of how things have been. I just hope they keep that. I did just see the cover and title on FB. It looks great.

g

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love that catalog! I just wish it had a LOT more information. I don't always know if a plant will work in my area or what the fruit/veggie is suitable for.
Free, check out other seed companies in your area - I think there are several in New England. Even if you don't buy your seeds there sometimes they have good local advice. I always keep the latest copy of Territorial Seeds catalogue because their information is perfect for my locality. I only just learned about Baker Creek this last year; between them and Territorial I am set :lol:

FarmerDenise said:
My friend and I went to the Seed Bank this spring to get our seeds. The building used to be a bank for money. It is cool that it now is a place to buy seeds. It is real simple inside, but nice. We had a hard time parking though. The streets of Petaluma are pretty busy. It is a nice little town.
FD - Are you near Petaluma? I got the chance to go to the Seed Bank earlier this year (made my non-gardening friend stop there, as she was driving :lol:), and was very impressed. As you say, very simple inside, but I like what I have read about them. -- I remember that building as an antique store ;)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Good idea, ORChick. I am feeling like a dunce because I got a lot of my seeds from RHShumway and found out that they are Monsanto owned and what I thought was heritage is really modern stuff named "Blah-blah Heritage" or some such drivel. I felt rather betrayed. So what else is new. :rolleyes:

Latest posts