Baking Stones???

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Again, there are no regulations on what goes into the clay for those pots, so be aware that there may be lead or other nasties in the clay.....

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Again, there are no regulations on what goes into the clay for those pots, so be aware that there may be lead or other nasties in the clay.....
Good point...never really considered that possibility!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Some things are just worth paying a little extra for.....although nothing is really secure! But I think I would be more inclined to trust a company like Pampered Chef because I beleive they let you return things forever.....or was that Tupperware??? Hmmm, some party-type company.....haven't been to very many of them, well, only two!

I do use everything I ever bought from Pampered Chef, and am glad I didn't invest in too much Tupperware, as I am moving away from plastic as much as possible.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I had the same thought. Good in theory, but not sure I would take the risk.

Home Maker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I was thrilled to find a large round pizza stone at the Salvation Army a couple of weeks ago for $2.00!

sundance

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I have spend several hours googling baking stones today, and the cheapest i found is at Target. One bread maker said he bought UNGLAZED tile so I may try that since the other things are so pricey.:hide marrie

Dixiedoodle

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I went shopping today, and I was at Williams Sonoma (I had already looked online and saw their baking stones were $39.95) WELL, guess what?? Their IN STORE price was $42.95!!!!!! So they are punishing me for shopping in the their stores?? They want me to shop online?? I would have to pay shipping OR I can pay $3.00 more.... I decided I didn't want it 'bad' enough.. My dd has a friend who sells Pampered Chef and I'll buy their's.... I was NOT a happy camper...

Dixie