Ban on Milk Labeling Ruled Unconstitutional!

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
article here

Perhaps more notable, the court also ruled that rbST-treated milk is compositionally different, disagreeing with both the lower court's ruling and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's finding that there is no significant difference between milk produced by cows treated with rbST and by those without.

As NPR reported Friday, the court cites three reasons milk produced by rbST-treated cows is different: Increased levels of the hormone IGF-1, a period of milk with lower nutritional quality during each lactation, and increased somatic cell counts (i.e. more pus in the milk). The court further noted that higher somatic cell counts indicate milk is poor quality and will turn sour more quickly.

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I hadn't seen that yet. How exciting ! Hooray for the good guys! :ya I just hope this will carry over to the proceedings on trying to ban 'GMO Free" labeling

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
That's wonderful!! I wonder if, piece by piece, Monsanto might be goin' down!

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Did you all hear that Monsantos stock has plummeted ? A few pricey mistakes with a new corn and a new soybean and they have had to abandon next years profit goals as well :ya

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Rebecka said:
Did you all hear that Monsantos stock has plummeted ? A few pricey mistakes with a new corn and a new soybean and they have had to abandon next years profit goals as well :ya
Yep the stock was $47.93 friday after the milk victory but $48.65 today of course today they anounced they were going to increase their dividend from $1.06 to $1.12. We are winning the battle but very slowly.