Ban on Milk Labeling Ruled Unconstitutional!

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I despise Monsanto, but there is still a LOT of GMO technology out there... Still, if the big dude goes down, maybe others will get the message.

Husband says Monsanto (DuPont, which M bought out) corn stinks around here. It is literally crumbling down in the field. Oops. I wonder if things are getting so technological that basic plant structure is forgotten in the genetic soup. Yikes.

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Around here, GMO corn can be spotted by roots that are above ground. They look like alien fingers digging into the earth.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Not to argue, Rebecka, but all our corn does that. Probably you just have all GMO corn that also happens to grow that way...

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I'm thrilled they're opposing the ban but...

how is it unconstitutional?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Banning people from putting "Hormone-free" on their milk labels takes away the producer's freedom of speech?

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Husband says Monsanto (DuPont, which M bought out) corn stinks around here. It is literally crumbling down in the field.
It wasn't so good for South Africa either....

"Farmers in South Africa have suffered millions of dollars in lost income due to the failure of their genetically modified (GMO) corn to produce kernels. The three varieties of plants look lush and healthy from the outside, but when the husks were pulled back there are no kernels. Monsanto's GMO corn was planted on 82,000 hectares of farmland, an amount that equals over 202,000 acres. The loss is spread over three South African provinces, and 280 of the 1,000 farmers who planted the corn have reported the lack of kernel development.

Monsanto has blamed the failure on under fertilization processes in the laboratory and attempted to make light of the situation by claiming that only 25% of the Monsanto seeded farms are involved in the loss. But Marian Mayet, environmental activist and director of the Africa Centre for Biosecurity in Johannesburg is not buying it. According to her information, some farms have suffered up to an 80% crop failure. She has demanded an urgent government investigation and an immediate ban on all GMO food. She points out that it is biotechnology that is the failure, and a careless mistake would not affect three different varieties of corn at the same time. The varieties failing to produce kernels were designed with a built-in resistance to Monsanto's weed killers, and were manipulated to increase yields."
http://www.naturalnews.com/025992_Monsanto_food_GMO.html

This was from 2009

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Oh look! A new case!
"Kunwar is trying to determine whether unusual cold weather may have caused the seeds to go bad, as claimed by the Indian and American seed manufacturers. Or, says Kunwar, the seeds could have been sterile, as was the case with some Monsanto GMO corn seeds grown two years ago in South Africa. Kunwar cannot conduct his tests properly without the original samples and the local suppliers - called agrovets - aren't providing them.

KUNWAR: When we asked the agrovets for the seeds, the agrovets told us that they didn't have any more. But that they would ask the multinational companies that sold them the seeds for more seeds, and that if they got more seeds, then they would give them to us."
http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/asiapac/stories/201009/s3012949.htm

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
bibliophile birds said:
maybe it's all those terminal genes their putting in things so you can't save seeds......
Since they are likely to be hybrids I wouldn't save the seed anyway unlikely to breed true.