BarredBuff's Homesteading Shenanigans

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Howdy neighbor! :frow

One of these days I might do a journal on here too. It's intimidating! :p

Bring on the snow! I am really ready this year. I'm with you, I'll take it as a chance to rest. Got a lot of indoor stuff I need to catch up on anyway.

Do you sell all of your eggs for $1 or just the pullet eggs? I can't go any lower than $2 (and wonder if I probably ought to raise it a bit to keep up with rising feed costs.)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
My weather man keeps saying the D word....drizzle :p I'm ready for COLD TOO, WOOT!!!

P.S. Nice journal :)

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
framing fowl said:
BarredBuff said:
The weatherman said the F word today.......................flurries.
:lol: We had drizzly cold rain yesterday with a biting breeze. I'll take below freezing and snow over that any day! My folks live in MT and when I called last night she was telling me what great weather they had yesterday. She said "It was 55* and clear blue skies. I drove all through town with the windows down and left all the windows and doors open at home." I think that's nuts.

How many famous chickens do you have? Or is it just the eggs that are famous :D Any other critters?
Well 19 famous chickens they are in all the latest movies.:p But everyone loves our eggs, for some reason when I delivered they were fascinated with the size of the pullet eggs.
Journey11- Howdy, nice to see a neighbor!! I sell pullet eggs at a buck a piece. But the Big girl eggs are 2 dollars for a dozen. Do you free range your hens? I have found that feed is drastically reduced when they range.

It is sleeting a little bit right now. I need to take some pictures of the chickadees, rabbits, and ducks. And share them. The fireplace ison and Im soaking it up, its cold out. Im gonna have to find time next week to prune my trees, they are hairyed over. Bye bye til about ummm 9.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I don't want to hear the S word for the forecast yet! Today was right around 50, and was raining, and that was too cold for me. Now I have a fire going.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Hey....glad to see another journal! We can always use more ideas, encouragement, and opinions!

I can't wait to see pics.....in case you haven't seen my journal...I'm a smilie addict and I love to post pics!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Hey guys!! I aint got much time. Im gonna have to go down the road for feed, supplies, and some stuff for the pig roast. I hope everyone has had a good and blessed day....BarredBuff

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Your hens are gorgeous! I had a rabbit but it died in the heat this summer, even tho I put in frozen liter bottles of water for it to keep cool. so sad....

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Is that a beagle BBuff? We have a female beagle whose getting on in years. It's so sad to see her moving so slowly when we used to not be able to keep up with her. Your animals are all so health and happy looking. We have rabbits and chickens also.