BarredBuff's Homesteading Shenanigans

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That's ok.

Cute bunny pics. Your baby is about the same color as my bunnies, only mine are lop earred.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
ksalvagno said:
Cute bunnies. I bet the ducks will be fine as long as there is no draft.
I hope they are okay. They should they dont lack much of being fully feathered out, plus Ive got straw by the gobs in there and plastic on the windows.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Do you use the regular bottles that they sell for animals for your rabbits? That's what I have for mine. And what I did was buy some extras. Then, when it's really cold out, I just put another one out, and stick the frozen one in front of the wood stove to thaw out. I know some people will just use a bowl for the water, but I don't like to do that. They end up pooping in it, then it freezes, and I don't like having that for water for them.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Do you use the regular bottles that they sell for animals for your rabbits? That's what I have for mine. And what I did was buy some extras. Then, when it's really cold out, I just put another one out, and stick the frozen one in front of the wood stove to thaw out. I know some people will just use a bowl for the water, but I don't like to do that. They end up pooping in it, then it freezes, and I don't like having that for water for them.
Yeh I am going to buy double waterers for the rabbits, when I make it backto TSC. The locale feed store has tiny bottles. I hate using bowls for their food, they poop, pee, etc in it and food goes to waste. The chickens eat it thought so I guess it equals out.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
If you get the right nipple and cap, you can use pop bottles for your water bottles. This makes them cheap and easy to replace. If you use the 2 ltr. size in the summer, you don't have to refill as often.

You can also use them for freezing and putting in the cages for summer heat waves. The rabbits like to lie next to them.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
If you get the right nipple and cap, you can use pop bottles for your water bottles. This makes them cheap and easy to replace. If you use the 2 ltr. size in the summer, you don't have to refill as often.

You can also use them for freezing and putting in the cages for summer heat waves. The rabbits like to lie next to them.
I thought about that. I will this summer if I have the right caps.