BarredBuff's Homesteading Shenanigans

Dooley

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Those pictures are chicken soup for the homesteader's soul! :D And those bunnies are BEYOND precious!

Dooley

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Hey Buff, I just wanted to say thank you for your attitude, work ethic, and everything else you share here. I just spent 3 hours helping set up for a high school choir concert tomorrow night. The choir was having a dress rehearsal, so the boosters were also feeding the lot, too. I worked my rear off.

The rudeness, lack of respect, and general "needs-a-trip-to-the-woodshed" behaviors had me really frustrated. My DD was in tears on the way home because of the crappy attitudes of her peers.

Thanks, James, for giving this old Tater hope that there are still good young people out there in the world!
:rant

It's teens like that which make me hate my own kind. :barnie

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Dooley said:
FarmerJamie said:
Hey Buff, I just wanted to say thank you for your attitude, work ethic, and everything else you share here. I just spent 3 hours helping set up for a high school choir concert tomorrow night. The choir was having a dress rehearsal, so the boosters were also feeding the lot, too. I worked my rear off.

The rudeness, lack of respect, and general "needs-a-trip-to-the-woodshed" behaviors had me really frustrated. My DD was in tears on the way home because of the crappy attitudes of her peers.

Thanks, James, for giving this old Tater hope that there are still good young people out there in the world!

I don't know you very well Dooley, but I do think I can safely lump you in with the "thanks", too!

Dooley

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Dooley said:
FarmerJamie said:

I don't know you very well Dooley, but I do think I can safely lump you in with the "thanks", too!
:hugs

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Another long and busy night again!

Im explaining in short Im wore down!

**Me and Gran set out 52 tomato plants out. Still have 52 more to go when they get tougher.
**I cleaned the dog kennel.
**Then I plowed the new garden patch behind my house. Then put three of our herb plants in there (cilantro, spearmint, rosemary) still have the sages, basil, and chive.
**Then I plowed up the chicken run for sunflower sowing. I had to clean it out too. Tommorow Im gonna let momma and her brood out in there. This run is connected to their house.

Im killed!

In the morning I have to go and sell flowers for FFA then shoot out to Lexington for feed and sisters ball camp stuff..............

homesteadmomma

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Gee why don't you quit lazing around and do something! :gig Sounds like you have been mighty busy, but the garden will be so worth it.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
homesteadmomma said:
Gee why don't you quit lazing around and do something! :gig Sounds like you have been mighty busy, but the garden will be so worth it.
I was going to say the same thing. :gig

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
homesteadmomma said:
I was going to say the same thing. :gig
:lol:

Its been a bad day for the baby animals. One chick is dying then a baby rabbit got in with a pregnant doe and she whipped it anfd I had to doctor her with anti biotics........ :(

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
The little chick did die. But something wrong with him anyway........so it was for the better. :)
The rabbit is eating better so I think she is gonna be okay. Lastnight I moved the Australorp in with the Ducks they are all being happy family right now. Oh yeah and its raining AGAIN. I moved the new chicks into a freshly bedded and CLEAN brooder today. That was after church. If you pray would pray for my pastor's wife she is not doing good? She is sick and fell last week. So a good prayer would do her good.

I really aint got much to share................

BB