Basic H ...... 2?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I recently found a distributor...for Shaklee. I was informed, the Basic H will not be sold for much longer. She had just come from a convention in MO. They will offer Basic H 2. Can anyone tell me....if this will still be good to use on the sheep? In the water? She couldn't tell me. :idunno

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Its basically the same thing....the "improved" version, as I understand. I've been using it for my sheeples. :)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks Bee. I am Soooo glad to hear this. The only way I would be able to buy the "old" Basic H , is in a 5 gallon bucket, and it was $165 I think??? :th Now with hubby being laid off...I wont be buying ANY of them for a while.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You know what, Just? I'm going to try something a little cheaper when my Basic H is gone. I got to thinking about it and its a concentrated soap that is biodegradable, blah, blah, blah.

So is Dawn Ultra. May not be all-natural, but we put it on our dishes and eat off of them......so my mind starts to whirling....

Why not just use a concentrated soap like the Dawn instead? It will provide the same action, its much cheaper, will go just as far and can't be all that bad or toxic.....I used to wash out my youngest's mouth with it all the time! :p Which could explain a lot, now that I think of it....... :/ :p :lol:

It basically says the same thing on the side of the bottle as the BH2....nontoxic, biodegradable, etc. It just won't have the soy proteins in it...but then, how much will that change things?

I will tell you this much...they both taste the same. Don't ask me how I know...... :p

eggs4sale

Lush who can't use a cheese grater
Reaction score
Okay, can someone please explain WHAT you are both talking about??? Sheeple and Basic H, and ... I can figure out what Dawn is, but what do you plan to do with it?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bee, I was talking to my older brother about the pigs...and how I dint think they are "thriving" because of the weather. He told me...."little sis, all you need to do is, when you are done with the dishes, throw the dishwater out to the pigs. TRUST ME, ( he said) They will thrive" So, I was thinking...Hmmm..he raised pigs for several years...they ate the meat...and all is well with them, ( mostly) :lol: He is 50 yrs old, with a 2 yr old daughter! :/ So, Maybe I will try that for a bit, instead of buying the basic H
eggsforsale....we are talking about Basic H soap....you can put it IN the water you give your farm animals..it helps with parasites, and keeps thier coats looking great!
Bee...tell me...you did NOT do a "taste test"????? :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You didn't think I was going to try it on my animals without first trying it on myself, did you? :) I put a drop to a 20 oz. bottle of water and drank it all. Did that a couple of times, just to see if I could see anything coming out, ya know?

Justusnak, my grandma always did the same thing. Her dishwater always went to the pigs and the chickens. My mother did the same with our pigs. I don't recall us ever worming our pigs and they definitely thrived!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
E4S, some of the older farmers use soap to worm their livestock. It works as a surfactant, dissolving the natural protective oils on a worm's skin, allowing the digestive juices to kill the worms.

This is a type of dewormer that doesn't contribute to developing worms that are resistant to chemical de-wormers.

Just trying to think outside the box......of commercial de-wormers. :D