Baymule’s 2020 Feeder Pigs

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I finally saw them eating from the feed bin and getting a drink from the hog nipple.

153A56E6-92FF-465F-8C9F-29EEA978AB5D.jpeg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I put Sentry back in his pasture next to the sheep barn and he continued to bark at the pigs. BJ finally went out, kicked the gate, yelled HUSH! NO! and Sentry decided it would be a good idea to go in his doghouse. :lol: This morning-non stop barking at the pigs. BJ stuck his head out the front door, SENTRY! HUSH! and he did. I don't expect him to ever like them, just accept them as part of the farm and stop barking at them every time they move or grunt. LOL LOL

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Here we go! Got two guilts today, Hampshire and Yorkshire cross. I’ve been looking, people sure are proud of their pigs this year. Finally found these an hour and half away and we went and got them.

Sentry is in a pasture, not against the new Pigs, but he knew he didn’t like them. He barked st them. I didn’t want a night of him hating and barking at the pigs all night, so I put him on a leash and we went to meet the pigs.

He snarled. I shushed him. He was on full alert, deeply growling. I kept talking to him, reassuring him, telling him, MY PIGS, NO. MINE. The pigs of course, were scared and slowly grunted their way toward us. Closer. Closer. Sentry boomed a BIG BARK and lunged st them. Pigs ran, I pulled Sentry back. Over and over, but at least he’s met the pigs and knows what they are. They will never be friends but maybe he won’t bark all night at the pig monsters.

@frustratedearthmother he reminded me so much of Cowboy and your AGH pigs. I was smiling, watching my defensive body guard protecting me from pig monsters and thinking about you.

The girls.

View attachment 13134

Sentry guarding me.

View attachment 13135

:yuckyuck

I'd love to have pigs some day. But, that'll not be happening in my life time. It would have been fun to be there to help you get them settled in.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

I'd love to have pigs some day. But, that'll not be happening in my life time. It would have been fun to be there to help you get them settled in.
Pigs are a great way to stock the freezer. They grow fast and don't take a lot of room, time or trouble. Little meat machines! I was just outside trying to get them to eat from the bin. That flap lid throws 'em every time. I had one pig that took a week to teach her to flip the lid and eat. I was showing them the water nipple too, they weren't trying it, but they got pretty close, I know they smelled it. I saw poop, so something is going through!