Baymule's 2020 Garden!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My DH wants things hot enough to use as paint remover! He and my son constantly try to outdo each other on the heat they can endure. They'll sit at a table with crackers and hot sauce and go at it until their faces are beet red, sweat is running down their faces and their noses are streaming snot, lol. Not a pretty picture! And the next day.... I won't even try to explain that one...:th

I used to be that way. I would have hot pepper eating contests with my boys. Then just like that... One day, I realized I was old and needed to stop punishing myself.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DH doesn't do it just to compete... he literally loves (and for whatever reason) feels he NEEDS the hot stuff. It's an every day thing for him - so I just stay out of his way!

it kicks certain brain chemicals into action. i consider it an addiction.

the other thing that people who can't deal with the heat is that there is actual flavor of chilis involved too. i have some chilis i don't much like the flavor of them so it doesn't matter to me if they are hot or not. for other peppers the heat is just another aspect of their total experience (like texture can be for dry beans when they're cooked up). and the colors. some of them are just fantastic. :)

i don't have hot sauce every day but i like some here or there and like i've said before i like it mixed in hot chocolate or in other odd ways (candies, popcorn, frosting, yogurt, ...). at the moment i'm trying to daydream a way of getting sriracha as a center of a chocolate. :) i think i can do it...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH has many, many metabolic challenges. Just about every one of them is suggested to be helped by capsaicin.

at the moment i'm trying to daydream a way of getting sriracha as a center of a chocolate.
Browsing the ice cream section at the grocery store a couple of days ago I noticed a chocolate ice cream with chili peppers! Haven't tried it....yet, lol.

Latest posts