Baymule's Pigs 2018 HEREFORDS!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today I put up 2x8’s on the sides, at the top. I had 8’ 2x4’s and cut off pieces, so I cobbled them together and made my rafters. Once again I used 2 ladders to hold up the boards.

C82CFBAB-AF9B-4486-834C-BEDFAC7A3D3A.jpeg

I got all my scrappy rafters made and put up. I’m tired. Tomorrow I’ll deck it, cover with tar paper and put tin on it. I climbed a ladder to snap a pic of the top.

38BA7DDC-4E39-48CB-B0DC-5D9CFE363514.jpeg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today I put up 2x8’s on the sides, at the top. I had 8’ 2x4’s and cut off pieces, so I cobbled them together and made my rafters. Once again I used 2 ladders to hold up the boards.

View attachment 6526

I got all my scrappy rafters made and put up. I’m tired. Tomorrow I’ll deck it, cover with tar paper and put tin on it. I climbed a ladder to snap a pic of the top.

View attachment 6527

Hey there do yourself a couple of big favors. Nail a full length 2x4 to the sill and tight under the the joist tails. That will stiffen the ends of the joists and help prevent them from falling under heavy weight. Also to prevent the center of the floor sagging, add a purling / some times called a summer beam under the length of the floor. Add a pier in the center of the summer beam also. You can.make a summer.beam by nailing several boards together to get the length like you did on the joists.

I wished I were there to help. I love pounding together buildings. It's not work to me.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's not the floor, it's the roof. I realize that it looks like a floor, because I climbed the ladder to get a good pic of it. The floor will be dirt.

I wish you were here to help too, I could learn a lot about building. I have no training, I just picture it in my head of what I want it to look like, then go about matching up what's in my head with reality-not always the same thing. LOL

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our neighbor Robert cane over to help me with the deck. I couldn’t pick up those sheets of OSB and get them on the roof by myself. I had 3 full sheets and a lot of scraps. So we continued on with my Scrap And Crap building project. We off set the whole pieces and used 2-3 strips at the end of each whole piece. I scrambled around on the roof, Robert stayed on the ground.

294C4991-5C7F-4EFF-8174-6C6F3BA27DC8.jpeg

Then we got the tar paper on it and I tacked it down. I had some bent metal drip edge that came in one of the reject lumber piles we bought, so I went and got it. We put it across the front.

40BA7D91-8218-4258-86F2-113222FD5C4A.jpeg

We quit at 3:00. Tired.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nope, he is somewhere in Colorado tonight. Tomorrow they will go through Denver. When they get home, they will have gone through 8 states.

I am bone tired. Robert and Sharon invited me to go eat with them at their favorite Chinese restaurant tonight. I was hungry and hit the buffet twice and again for dessert.

Latest posts