BBH's campfire fun~popping in

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Horrid!
I wasn't going to cut any but I'm sending some to a friend so I did.

I thought it would cut easily so I tried cutting it in the jar with a plastic knife first... Yeah. No go. Then I used chop sticks and set it on a plate to cut it, again, with the stupid plastic knife. I need to find something sharper but still plastic.. I can't cut very straight to begin with, so lets just say it was a bit sloppy.. It's like cutting a tire rubber, you can imagine it took me a while.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
:frow Hey, Sally, I'll bring my NEW DUTCH OVEN along and we can have some good pig for supper! Did I tell you I got a NEW (new to me, that is, it is really old) DUTCH OVEN??? If you are nice to me, I will let you hold it for a moment or two. :D

Don't forget to pack your can o' whoop-a$$! Talk softly and carry a big stick.....behind your back.

Hey, maybe I'll whip up a batch of those bacon/cheddar/chive biscuits to go with the pig in the pot, and a black bean cake for desert....did I hear blackberries?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
PS: Merle, I do love that picture....you don't look angry, you look "fake annoyed!" :lol: Who can be "real annoyed" by baby goat kisses??? :love

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Hi freemotion! Bring that big ol' pot! Sounds really neat!

Can o' whoop-a$$, check!

Big stick behind back, check!

(An Iron fist beneath a velvet glove...that is what my horoscope says about me.)

Re: kombucha mamas, I just rip whatever off of it and toss the thicker piece to the chickens or the compost. Whats left isn't pretty but it works every time. :lol:

Occam, you did read about the kombucha mother taking over a person's whole septic system didn't you? Ewwee!!

If you drink too much too soon you will get, um well, lets just say you will not be able to leave the bathroom. Start small, like a shot glass size then work yourself up. I drink about a med. wine glass size every day.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Haven't tried the Kombucha yet. I will have to at some point, what with all of you talking about it all the time.

Good luck on whatever it is you got to go and do, BBH.

Yeah I'll be bringing a couple of bags of frozen blackberries. SO just picked 'em and froze 'em last summer. At least he was good for something ;) I don't have too many jars of peaches, but with you guys, I'll share what I got. I also made some killer peach sauce, good on yogurt :drool

Hey Free, can I rub the "big ole pot of awe" too? Please, pretty please :lol:

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
If you drink too much too soon you will get, um well, lets just say you will not be able to leave the bathroom. Start small, like a shot glass size then work yourself up. I drink about a med. wine glass size every day.
I over did it my first time, but I had the opposite effect, crampy and about twod days later, normal. As for the scoby, I just rip the two apart and toss the bigger one. I haven't been able to pawn a scoby off on anyone yet.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I think I can scrounge up some moonshine......those s'mores look yummy! :D

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You guys scare me sometimes. I really don't know what kombacha is, but I did read the post about it taking over the septic tank and possibly the ocean. Reminded me of some creepy crawly blob taking over the world. I can just imagine a leathery rubber blob crawling after you guys! :hide If I don't hear from you I'll know what happened. The blob got you!

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The image of a kombucha scoby sliming across the floor after me is positively alarming. I'm pretty sure it's from watching too much Ren and Stimpy as a child. THE BLOOOOOB IS COMING!