BEAR

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We have lots of bears here but I've only seen one myself and the son has seen one....after 4 years of living here. The bears around here, though plentiful, are skittish from being hunted hard. Everyone and his brother has bear dogs and it is a big sport here. Funny thing is, they rarely kill one unless its BIG....most of the time they just run 'em! :rolleyes:

Its gotten so bad that the DNR is urging hunters to do more KILLING, not just running, as the bear population is so big and they are coming into the towns and such.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
We have them here quite often...opened my backdoor once to a bear 10 ft from the door...ran into one walking back from my mailbox last summer...I really just leave them alone and they leave me alone, don't mind having them around really, but it does get a little scary in the spring when the kids have to walk that 1/4 mile walk up our road to catch the schoolbuses. During that time we drive them. But the kids still walk back after dark at night sometimes and they don't seem too worried:>)
Yeah some places get them bad, others not so much. I mean generally you should see them closer to the GTA as well, but they're not as prevalent there either. Around here, most of them don't make it past highway 7, truckers usually hit them or call fish and game, but it was a good 10-15km south of highway 7 probably raiding garbage and that, it IS the time of year :) Good thing our chicken house is nice and secure.

Latest posts