Bee~ Journal of then...

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Beautiful! :lol:

You gotta love any program where they pay you to do your work for you!!:woot

By the way ... I wish you were closer Bee (or you too Free) ... my hubby has put his back out of commission today. Yes, the poor dear tied his shoes. He bent down and stayed down.

It stinks getting old!:old

He called the doctor and is on muscle relaxer and rest for the next couple of days.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Kool-aid!? Raw ACV is more like it! :D

FF, I've been thinking lately that massage therapy would make a great ministry if used to help people get out of pain. I've even offered this to my church for the oldsters who are always getting injuries of this nature. Do you think they took me up on it? Nope! To these people massage therapy is little more than prostitution and they can't be persuaded otherwise.

Can you imagine? Free massage therapy so you can avoid having rotator cuff surgery or surgery to correct a herniated disc? People are just foolish! :rolleyes:

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Sign us UP! :thumbsup

Between my arthritis and his back and knees - why ... we could be your poster children! :old

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Kool-aid!? Raw ACV is more like it! :D

FF, I've been thinking lately that massage therapy would make a great ministry if used to help people get out of pain. I've even offered this to my church for the oldsters who are always getting injuries of this nature. Do you think they took me up on it? Nope! To these people massage therapy is little more than prostitution and they can't be persuaded otherwise.

Can you imagine? Free massage therapy so you can avoid having rotator cuff surgery or surgery to correct a herniated disc? People are just foolish! :rolleyes:
My dh and I offer free massage to certain full-time ministers, missionaries, travelling ministers, etc. One older guy and his wife would NOT, ok, fine. Let's enjoy a meal together now and then.

Then they were in a car accident in which the wife was killed. Truck came into their lane and hit them head-on. Next time we saw him, some months later, (we always invite them for a healthy meal when we can) he complained of lingering knee pain, the key had gone into his knee and it was so "minor" that no one would bother with it. He asked me at lunch if I could help it.

I palpated his knee through his clothes while he was seated at the table. I found the problem within seconds, which amazed him, and made a big impact on his pain within about five minutes. He was sold.

He had an open invitation to come for lunch or dinner every Sunday and get a massage, too. He joined us about 3 times a month.

He never took his clothes off. I worked through them. We became very close, he became the grandpa I never had the chance to know well.

We talked about everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. Even his incontinence ("Do I smell? I know you'd tell me!") and his reluctance to date again due to prostate cancer and inability to "perform." In his 70's he was a major catch, I talked openly with him and he ultimately moved away to be closer to one of his daughters. There he met and married the second love of his life. We skipped our tenth anniversary trip to go to his wedding instead. First time I cried at a wedding.

He made sure we had time alone with his two adult daughter. We had a very intimate and intense discussion about dad remarrying, first time I'd met these ladies, but I was the only one at the wedding that knew their mom and was close to their dad.

I told them that it was not a betrayal of their mom, it was a testimony to their marriage that dad wanted another wife.

Also, remember that mom can never be replaced in your heart, but there was a time when he did not even know her, so the relationship is very different. Think about your own husbands. And your children. Different kind of love.

They stuck to me like glue at the wedding. He died within a year due to a third round of cancer, a third type, too.

I still get goosebumps and choked up thinking about that wonderful experience and frequently think about things I will share with him, one day.

Sorry, Bee, for journalling on your journal.... couldn't help it.... :rolleyes:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Free- you have such a big heart!! :hugs

Bee--- If I wanted to read one of those Joe Salatin books, which one would you recommend as an introduction to his methods? You Can Farm, or maybe the Family Friendly Farming???

You know I would pay somebody money to teach me to process my birds. I know it sounds lame but I would feel much better the first time through if somebody knew what was going on.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Not trying to change the subject but I just noticed your signature.

Three Little Birds

Dont worry about a thing,
cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin: dont worry about a thing,
cause every little thing gonna be all right!

Rise up this mornin,
Smiled with the risin sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou:)

Singin: dont worry bout a thing,
Singin: dont worry (dont worry) bout a thing,

Rise up this mornin,
Smiled with the risin sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin, this is my message to you-ou-ou:

Singin: dont worry about a thing, worry about a thing, oh!
Every little thing gonna be all right. dont worry!
Singin: dont worry about a thing - I wont worry!

cause every little thing gonna be all right - I wont worry!
Singin: dont worry about a thing, oh no!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
dac!!!!!!!! You posted a song!!! :ya It's been forever, I think, since you posted one!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:lol: Dac! So funny! Love that song! :p Thank you!

Free, you can journal on my journal any time you wish! :frow

Tank, I haven't read the Family Friendly Farming, I don't think. The You Can Farm one was great, I think. It kind of gives his background, which I find fascinating, but I would love to have heard a little more about his wife and her role in all of it! ;)

I was kind of disappointed by the fact that he mentions sheep once but doesn't say if they have any or not. The pic on the front of the book shows his wife holding a lamb. I would really like to know how sheep do on the rotational grazing and just how many sheep for how much space in each paddock, etc.

ETA: If you lived close, I would show you how to process a chicken for free!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Logsdon talks about his sheep on rotational grazing in "All Flesh is Grass".

Another reason to get that book Bee.