Bee~ Journal of then...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Computer still down so I'm just jotting a quick note from work. Have really been missing you all and hope to get back on the boards soon.

I have been reading up on Joel Salatin and have decided to get a few young pigs to plow up my garden in early spring. I plan to ask at the local Senior Citizen's and the schools to see if they have any garbage to give away.....free feed for the piglets while they plow up my garden space!

Also getting my plans together towards adding Embden geese to my homestead for garden debugging and the down harvesting...also fertilizing and grazing my lawn. Also some Dorper lambs this spring for lawn grazing and lamb production(eventually), as well as a bee hive.

All these plans to be implemented after the income tax comes in.

I bought grow lights(fluorescent lights $8.98/5 ft) at Lowe's the other day and plan to build my own growing rack for my seedlings this year. I am going to delve into the bottom of my compost bin for soil additive (pig manure and compost...yum!) for my starts.

I am getting sooooo excited about the spring that is coming! I am trying something new with the garden this year also, so I'm real jazzed up about all of it.

Listen to me...not even Christmas and I'm planning the garden! Mark of a true gardener, I guess.

I was looking for a way to give to someone this Christmas and have been praying about it and, guess what? God put an opportunity right in my path!!! Now...to come up with the money...I'm sure He will provide that too! A young couple with a new baby: I used to work with her, he is deaf and just got layed off from the lumber mill and they can't make their rent. Perfect situation for God's blessings to flow! I'm going to try to pay most or all of their rent, so pray that God provides the extra funds for this. I'm going to talk to my boys and see how they feel about making this our Christmas present to ourselves as a family and forego individual gifts. I'm hoping they feel the way that I do about it!

Until I get to visit properly with you all....hope you had good holidays!!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
We miss you too and will be glad when you get back full time.

You do have big plans for the spring. I think my DH would probably die of a heart attack if I told him even half of that was in my plans. LOL

What a wonderful opportunity. I am sure that couple will be thrilled and I know your boys will be happy with the idea.

Bee, you are a kind and generous woman.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you are so blessed...I am sure the boys will jump on the bandwagon. SO NICE!

also, I am planning spring already also. that is what us farmers do..LOL

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I don't know about being an angel but the boys agreed readily and acted like I was crazy for thinking they wouldn't want to do it! Don't kids always surprise you? So...we found a good Christmas project that will make us feel good....its a win~win situation!! :D

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
That is so awesome that you can be such a blessing for that family!! Kids are amazingly unselfish givers sometimes!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Computer still in shop, so occasionally checking in at work but I feel so isolated and I don't know any of the new members anymore, so this is a tragedy for me! :p To all you new people, I can't wait to meet you and to all you "old" people, I hope you are all well and I can't wait to catch up on your lives! :)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Beekissed, God has blessed you and your boys with a beautiful heart! May you have a wonderful Christmas and recieve as well as you give

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:hugs And to you, Morel! Hey, any more news on plans to move to town? I haven't got a chance to check your whole journal to see if you are moving still, or if you have already made the jump.

Can't wait to get the PC and a day to read all you folks' journals...I feel so out of the loop! :(

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Besides feeling the last couple days that I was completely outtta here...heehhee! Nope, no plans to move to town yet...I too am sooo waiting for spring. I have alot of work to do!