Bee~ Journal of then...

ParsonsWife

Power Conserver
Reaction score
What a lovely spot you have! A little patch of heaven! Thank you for sharing the pictures. :)

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It is wonderful to have you back Beekissed. You and that lickin cow. I have a hard time reading with him lickin up all the words, LOL.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
ParsonsWife said:
What a lovely spot you have! A little patch of heaven! Thank you for sharing the pictures. :)
Thanks! Aren't you Ruth, from BYC? So nice to have you on the SS, if so. I took your wonderful advice about how to raise my day old chicks and it worked great! You seem to have a great following on the BYC. Your thread over there inspired my request for journals on this forum! :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Well, all the animals are snug and tucked in for the winter. I have put up the plastic over the windows in the henhouse and the dogs have fresh sweet hay in their houses in abundance.

I still have to put up plastic over the windows in my enclosed back porch. The bales of hay I placed under the porch in front of the crawl space have been doing their job...the wind is blowing to beat the band tonight and the floors in the kitchen aren't cold.

I need to haul some mulch hay to tuck in the garden beds for the winter, although the silly chickens probably would dig it all out! They have completely decimated my wood chip mulch in my walk paths. :thun I had bought seed to sow buckwheat in the beds, but I knew the chickens wouldn't let it grow and I didn't want to pen them up at this time of the year. I think they really need their foraging right now. Too late to plant it now, I'm sure, as it winterkills.

I am foraging for pine boughs tomorrow on the way home from church so that I can start making some Christmas swags and garlands.

Now its time to get out the seed catalogs and start planning....oops! Am I too early? Maybe January instead? :D

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I guess thit is one good reason for snow. I know when the snows do come to stay we can at least bank the house up. You must not get much snow? We go all the way around the house throwing snow up against it. It really helps.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Not enough snow at all around here anymore! :( Back in the old days, but not anymore. Must be that whole global warming thingy. :/

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
LOL Bee, I already have my seeds out and planning raised beds for next spring....so nope, not too early I don't think? Just getting a head start! ;)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Hey, all! Computer is down again.....after paying $60 to get it "fixed". Am cheating with the DELL at the library again for a moment. I can't believe I missed the first LOCKED thread!!!!! MAN, this being incommunicado is for the birds!!! Did Ann use the club??? :D

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
AHA! I was wondering why one day you were posting, next day you weren't.

Title should be, "Now you see her"

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Shoot! I missed a good thread?!

I hope your computer gets fixed properly in a hurry :)
I wish we got snow, I love the idea of shutting down for the winter!