Bee~ Journal of then...

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
Beekissed said:
freemotion said:
Sorry, Ann, some situations bring out the 12-year-old in us. Especially when there is no closure. Or justice.

Apologizing is a sign of maturity.
:)
Get your justice (and apology) from someone who had something to do with the injustice, not from the person who agreed with you.
I was not referring to you. I dare not say whether or not I was referring to someone in particular or speaking in generalities. Lest I be spanked.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I seen you 'round for a long long time
I really 'membered you when you drink my wine

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I seen you walkin' down in Chinatown
I called you but you could not look around

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I bring my money to the welfare line
I see you standing in it every time

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

The color of your skin don't matter to me
As long as we can live in harmony

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I'd kinda like to be the President
so I can show you how your money's spent

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Sometimes I don't speak too bright
but yet I know what I'm talking about

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I know you're working for the CIA
they wouldn't have you in the Mafia

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
freemotion said:
reinbeau said:
Beekissed said:
Get your justice (and apology) from someone who had something to do with the injustice, not from the person who agreed with you.
I was not referring to you. I dare not say whether or not I was referring to someone in particular or speaking in generalities. Lest I be spanked.
Which is why my hands were tied, too. So, as Dac has said, let's all be friends. Please?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I can't believe this ad was just at the bottom of the page:
Say "I'm Sorry" Right Now
Send an "I'm Sorry" video card to their cell phone.
mogreet.com

:lol:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Actually, the song that is running through my head is from The Sound of Music and is the one the nuns are singing about Maria.....words, anyone?

How do you solve a problem like Beekissed-a?

dum-de-dum-de-dum....

How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You all crack me up!!! :lol:

Thanks, dac! That's always been one of my favorite songs....and very appropriate! :hugs

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Well, the big egg production, for which I have planned since buying chicks in the spring, has started and I'm very quickly running out of egg cartons, though I have collected from folks all year. This means buying some misprinted cartons off eggcartons.com.

I had a half a box of the grey paper ones(about 100) last year that I donated to the Christian Assistance Network because I didn't think I would be getting all these chickens! :rolleyes:

I'm going to start seriously marking down each day's egg count on the calendar~ if I can remember, keeping all the money received from egg sales and doing a profit/loss comparison at the end of the year. I've saved all my feed bill receipts in a file.

My big ticket item this year is a refrigerator....mine is so old in this house that the insulation is showing through the door where the plastic falls off each time I clean it. It is the tiniest fridge I've ever seen in a house and, when I got here, had no shelves left on the door and the freezer door is always frosted shut.

Its very old, so I'm going to relegate it to the garage where it will be put to use storing eggs for sale on the honor system. I will mount a mailbox to the side of the garage with a lock on it and folks will just put the money in there and take the eggs.

I'll have to make a sign for the roadside. Fortunately, my dumpster diving skills yielded a real pretty rooster (I know, wrong sex :rolleyes: ) that looks very antique. It is part of a set of lifesized nativity scene animals that I scavenged from the local nursing home trash. You know the kind that looks to be decoupaged onto plywood and covered with a very thick, yellowing layer of varnish? Maybe circa 1950s or 60s. I think I will incorporate him into my signage as an eye catcher.

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I'll have to make a sign for the roadside. Fortunately, my dumpster diving skills yielded a real pretty rooster (I know, wrong sex :rolleyes: ) that looks very antique. I think I will incorporate him into my signage as an eye catcher.
Not to sound petty or mean, but some folks won't notice you have a rooster on your sign and that roosters don't lay eggs. Some people just don't know. I like the idea for your sign - share a pic when you get it done.

Great news on the egg production. Sounds like you have a solid plan for the coming year. Hope it's profitable. Wish you lived closer - I have an abundance of egg cartons. When we were donating eggs to the local food pantry each week, the church members saved us egg cartons.

I haven't had a chance to get to the library yet for the Joel Salatin books. But, in the recent Farmer's Exchange there was an article on him and he's coming to our area (an hour away) soon for a seminar. Wish we could go, but I don't think it will happen.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
All you folks talking about collecting eggs and I'm getting NUFFIN!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
If you can tolerate a quick and cheesy sign, vistaprint.com has them free at times.

Have you looked into feeding whole grains? I feed based on Harvey Ussery's articles, especially this one: http://www.themodernhomestead.us/article/current-feeding-practice.html Right now I use soymeal as the main protein source, but will be phasing that out when I get going with worm bins. I'm trying to get up the stomach strength to look for free meat like beef hearts, tongue, and such that my dad it getting from local meat processors.

This method is very healthy and lowers the feed bill by half or more. Definitely cut in half again in summer when they free-range.

My little flock balances their own protein with free-choice feeders, one grain and one soy. Soymeal is not the best choice because the oil is stripped from it, but it is all I could find for this method. Hence the future worm bin project. I make sure my girls get some fat when I render for lard and suet and brothmaking, whatever we don't eat ourselves in cooking.