Bee~ Journal of then...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Good to see you girls also! :) The Bat and I are as fine as frog hairs! God has blessed us so greatly that we walk around in a haze of joy all the time, constantly talking about how wonderful it is and how we don't deserve this. :gig

Right now we have almost 8 in. of snow and more coming down, it's a beautiful snow that is liable to knock down power lines, so we are getting laundry and dishes done up before that happens.

Hope everyone out there is staying warm and safe in the winter weather. Now is a time for stillness and contemplation as the weather sort of forces one to sit still and know He is God.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
:hugs Happy to see you around, friend!
Glad your surviving this winter too. This storm is mostly a flop for us. I guess I'm glad it wasn't all snow... we had several hours of rain this morning. Though I think all snow is easier to deal with in some ways than this sloppy wet mess!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Congrats on your upcoming grandchild. Grandchildren are one of life's very best blessings!
Yeah...I'm not quite sure how to go about this when it comes to the DIL. I'm not like most modern type grannies so we'll see how it works out. I'm not going to be the kind that buys affection with toys and treats, but will be the kind that lets them help butcher chickens, collect eggs, hold baby chicks, sucker tomatoes and make bread~like my granny did.

We'll see if DIL is in line with all that...she's kind of citified. ;)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Then you'll be a great gramma! Those are exactly the things my grandkids looooooooooove to do! Of course, you might have to accept a few cracked eggs through this process, lol! My grandkids have learned that life is different at my house. For one thing - they don't get to watch movies in bed. They get a story - every night - and they NEVER let me forget their story. Sometimes I have them tell ME a story. They get to use their imagination and its incredible the things they come up with.

It does help that my daughter grew up here and was totally ok with all of it - but I'll bet when DIL sees how much the kiddo loves it - she'll come around.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Or she will be jealous that the kid wants to go stay with Granny all the time. :D You sound just like me...I'm a hands on kind of mom and will also be the same as a granny. Stories, reading and very basic living. We don't have TV or toys here...we'll have books, board games and the big ol' outside world. Work and play in equal measure but there will be no titillating their attention spans with constant going places. Might go fishing or camping but not to the movies or Chuckie Cheese.

When my boys were little I'd tell stories as a character called Granny Bucktooth, with my teeth stuck out and in a very southern twang, I'd tell stories and they'd be in stitches with laughter. I think that will be the perfect character to use for the grandkids too! :gig Only this time I really WILL be a granny!