Bee~ Journal of then...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
The other grandma moved here to be with the granddaughters...at least, that's what she said, but she doesn't spend much time with them. I think she spends all the time with them that she wants to spend but, not being a very motherly type person, it's not as much as she could. She's busy dating. ;)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We just got a small rain shower while the sun was still shining....I LOVE those! So pretty, though there was no rainbow to be seen.

I was out on the porch to watch it and was noticing just how lovely all the flowers are blooming in that front flower bed...just stunning! My coreopsis is blooming!!!
running-around-smiley-emoticon_.gif

And so is the butterfly bush....that thing astounds me! It's almost up to the eaves on the cabin, though just a few years ago it was only about 4 ft tall and barely would bloom...Mom was threatening to just cut it down. I relocated it two falls ago, put some composted horse and cow manure under it and it took off that following spring. Better than before but not like this year....this year it's a whole 'nother breed of cat.
faint.gif
It's HUGE and the blossoms are correspondingly huge as well...we have butterflies going cra-cra out there over those blooms and my heart is so glad over it!
happy-dancing.gif
I'll try to get a pic of it when more of the blooms come out...should be pretty!

God has surely blessed this growing year and that's the only explanation I have for all the blooming and growing around here...we sure haven't done much differently, so it's all God's glory out there and it feels and looks just like love!
Love_.gif

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I would love to see that butterfly bush in bloom. It sounds pretty!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'll likely take a pic here in a few days as more bloom shows up there...they are WAY bigger than they've ever been and such a deep, deep purple.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Today I'm making a wooden fence to place in front of the flower bed to keep the flowers growing upright instead of lopped over into the yard. Got them built and am now painting...painting is not one of my favorite things to do, but I seem to be painting something nearly every month of the year in good weather. Don't know how that happens but it just does. o_O

Today is hot and humid, so I'm working under the carport where I have shade and a fan plugged in, which makes it more pleasant. Another thing that makes it pleasant is that I can put my computer speakers in the window and listen to good Bible study teaching and preaching while I work. I don't know how y'all learn but I learn things much better if I listen to them while I'm busy with some mindless task...helps my ADD mind settle down to listening.

Some of my favorite work times has been right there under the carport, listening to preaching while I do some small DIY project or other. It feels good to be able to get two things accomplished at once, with time to do something truly beneficial~ learning more about God. I thank God for the resources and a place in which to do that, and for this time in my life, for making it all possible.

It also feels good to get something done and checked off my list...checking off that list holds a tremendous satisfaction! :ya

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Your grand daughters are beautiful. God's precious little girls, surely a gift!

Thank you,Bay....they are truly God's gift to me and one I never imagined would be so heavenly! As I recall, you have some beautiful grandbabies as well, which only stands to reason with a beautiful grandma like yourself. :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I counted ten different butterflies on the flowers this evening, especially on the butterfly bush, which seems like crack cocaine for butterflies. :D Even saw that zebra swallowtail one, but didn't get a pic before it went away. Even saw the tiniest of blue butterflies, which are dear to me...such tiny perfection and the perfect shade of blue!

Mind you, these blooms just came out yesterday and today and this isn't even a fraction of how many blooms this thing has coming on. This bush will bloom until hard frost. This is the one that barely bloomed and was only 4 ft tall until I transplanted it, fed it and pruned it. Now it's nearly to the eaves on the cabin!

101_0735.JPG

101_0738.JPG

101_0737.JPG

101_0744.JPG

101_0745.JPG
101_0746.JPG

101_0747.JPG
101_0748.JPG

Molly sizes up a flutterby as a meal...
101_0750.JPG

101_0733.JPG