Bee~ Journal of then...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That creen door is awesome!

I know! I don't know what it would cost to buy one this sturdy and with the antique grill and hardware, but I know I wouldn't pay it. The screening material is also a wonder, being extremely fine and showing no deterioration after all those years, so not sure what metal is used in it...not copper, though.

I do think it adds some whimsy and visual interest to the outhouse, though, to have this old door and the weather it will be exposed to will only increase the patina it has.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Pics I took today of random things happening on the homestead. This top one shows the new/older looking gate(made from old picket fencing out of my son's yard) I finally got up to replace the CP gate at the back of the garden. Finally got a topper on those gate posts too...only took me 3 yrs to do it! :th Will put a CP strip up around that gate so I can have an arbor of honeysuckle there too. Right now I have a cherry tomato planted by that gate that will be using the trellis, but I'll also start some honeysuckle there as well so it can take over that trellis by next season.
100_5894.JPG

My 82 yr old Ma, aka the Ol' Bat, sweeping off the new outhouse roof, getting ready to put up the roofing tin on there. She's the go to person for roofing around these parts.
100_5880.JPG
100_5881.JPG

Miss Molly still feeding her big ol' kits...is it my imagination or is that nearest white cat giving me the stink eye? They are wild, wild, wild kittens and need to be caught and tamed down before going to new homes.
100_5883.JPG
100_5884.JPG

Molly gets to a high point so she can take a break from her ever hungry brood.
100_5887.JPG

Playing around with the panoramic feature on the camera so I could get the whole garden in one shot. I know it looks like there's a lot of bare spots in there, but the tomatoes are still young and the peppers are still in trays, while the squash and pumpkins had to be replanted. I also removed a couple of the lettuce low tunnels so I could build some frames for those.
100_5893.JPG

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
First of all - your mom is absolutely amazing! I'm sure she hears that all the time, lol!

Garden, and all you've done to it, look awesome. Mine is beginning to look like a weedpile... :(

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
First of all - your mom is absolutely amazing! I'm sure she hears that all the time, lol!

Garden, and all you've done to it, look awesome. Mine is beginning to look like a weedpile... :(

She does but it tickles her every time she hears it! :D Smashed her thumb over and over today but thumb feels just fine this evening...no throbbing, no pain. :thWhy can't I be like that???

My last two gardens got taken over by weeds...try several wheelbarrows full of weeds by the end of the season. o_O This year I'm determined to fight tooth and nail to keep the weeds down to nothing, in both my garden and my son's small BTE. That's where that weapon-like Rogue hoe comes into play...couldn't do it at all without that thing!

I'm also not going to let vines go wherever they may this year...they will be placed where I want them to run, then they will be directed up a few old ladders I have on hand~NOT my fence! Last few years my fence was about torn down from all the heavy pumpkins and squash hanging off it. :barnie And there were so many vines, running so many ways, that I couldn't get in there to weed, so it was a disaster by then end of the season...looked like a jungle in both gardens. :mad:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Your mom is inspirational, Bee! And your garden and place looks so nice… Gosh, I wish I could go visit and get a proper tour of everything.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Your mom is inspirational, Bee! And your garden and place looks so nice… Gosh, I wish I could go visit and get a proper tour of everything.

I wish you could too, Sumi! :hugs And I'd love to do the same at your beautiful country and home...just stunningly beautiful where you live! :love

I am thankful for this beautiful day! I'm thankful for a growing garden, one having beautiful flowers to gaze upon as well as food...the flowers are just stunning this year! I am thankful for hard work that gives satisfaction and yields something positive. I'm thankful for this good home, set back in a peaceful forest, and the ability to groom it and care for it properly.

I am thankful for a work partner and a companion in my good, good mother. What a blessing she is to me and to others!
Love_.gif
I am thankful for the people on this forum, such good and sweet people who support one another and don't find a reason for contention.

I am thankful for my family, for the little innocent girls God gave us and the one on the way, may He also bless this one with a sweet nature. I pray protection over them, that they may live their little lives without harm from others.

I am thankful for these good animals God has given me...all of them dear and sweet natured, hard working and productive. What a blessing to have them on the land, moving about in their lives and God letting me be a part of it all!

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Your garden and most of all your mother wonderful. A good woman is hard to find and worth more than diamonds (according to Proverbs and myself)!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love your Mom. Your garden is beautiful, it looks so restful, but we all know what a lot of hard work goes into that beautiful picture!

@frustratedearthmother my garden is weeds too. Thinking about transplanting the giant ragweed in one of the pastures, since the sheep love it so much. LOL

Latest posts