Bee~ Journal of then...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sorry for this trouble Bee
You can get it handled.
Life is rough definitely...and at the end it is family that supports us!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I am advising her to call her state attorney general's office in the morning to file a report on a potential abuse situation. This has gone far enough.
It's times like this I am ashamed to be called a nurse. :(
It is times like THIS - I am PROUD you are a NURSE! :love

A person that was not medically trained might not catch the abuse you are witnessing! Perhaps we are just seeing our Lord in action again! He might have placed you dad in this particular facility JUST SO you could file that ABUSE REPORT and stop the suffering of MANY others.

It is NOT a good situation, but from the stories you have told me your dad is a pretty tough cookie. (You got it from somewhere you know.) God is in control and once again I believe there is a blessing in all of this.

Get 'EM BEE!
:woot

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
I'm in Ohio! Does The Old Bat need an extra Back Bone to go with her?
:rant :somad :rant :somad
Quail you make me PROUD to be your friend!!

Everyone here sticks together so well. :D

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Bee, how awful. I know thats tough for your family. And your poor dad. How can people do that to another human being?

I will gladly break out my purple pant suit (ref. your married or single thread) and come help you clean house at that facility. Airfares are cheap and I can be there in a few hours. Seriously.

No person, especially an elderly ill person should be treated in such a way. I am :somad from reading your description of how your dad is being treated.

Elder abuse abounds in this country. And you are just the one to put a stop to it at this facility. I agree with Farmfresh. You will be saving others as well. Its a safe bet that your father is not the only one being treated this way.

Edited to add - for under 500 dollars I can come dressed to do battle.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am sorry for the trouble Bee. I would get in there and unload on those people. My sil is a nurse and she went with my dh to all his medical stuff when he was dealing with his cancer. You nurses see and understand so much more than the average person. Does the hospital have an Advocate to complain to? Definitely a time to be proactive and let them know you are not going to stand for this.

It will get better.

gina

kenman

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Free is right get a paper trail. Teeth barred, claws out, rip someone a new one! There is no place in this world for irresponsible behavior.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
2dream said:
Airfares are cheap and I can be there in a few hours. Seriously.
Want me to meet ya there?
I have a feeling things would never be the same if this were to actually have to take place. But then, good friends don't just come bail you out of jail. They sit there with you and laugh about the time you had getting there.

But I do figure if folks can have a grassroots movement and march on Washington to protest the healtcare plan. We can have a SS movement and gather around Bee. I can be extremely passionate about some things and elder abuse is one of them.

So Bee, if things get bad, and you need backup. You can count on us.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I discovered something simple that gets results. Write a detailed letter, including both what has happened and what you want to happen, and send copies to the state's attorney, district attorney, whatever they have in that state, to the top person at the facility, the doctors involved, the AMA, and to anyone else in authority that you can think of. We call it a paper trail. Send all the letters registered, with a return receipt. Include in all the letters indication of who else is getting copies. Keep a copy for yourself and one for your mom.

They have to sign for these letters, they can't say they didn't know. They can't ignore it like they ignore your mother in person and on the phone. Have fun! :somad

eta: Be sure to include short deadlines as to when you expect a reply and results!
EXCELLENT ADVICE!!! I learned the same thing when advocating for my son (which, by the way they did the same thing to with meds) PLEASE DO THIS BEE...It will make a huge difference in thier future actions, and it will get them to ACT NOW before it is too late