Bee stings? What works, what doesn't?

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My husband swears by a little gasoline! Yes gasoline! I surely wouldn't recommend it near the eye, especially if you are a smoker. The bee sting would be the least of your problems.

I have tried it and it works though.

mgibbzzz

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
meat tenderizer and water to make a paste. Works excellent on jellyfish stings also!

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Janet&Jim said:
At the time of sting. Immediately pick up some dirt, spit on it, making mud and apply this mud to the sting. Takes a few minutes but as the mud dries it draws all the venom out and no swelling or pain.Been doin this all my life and i'm ollllld :lol:
Absolutely!!! A few years ago I disturbed a honet nest while taking down a tree. I had 20-30 hornets on me before I knew what was happening. I repelled down out of the tree and one of my employees had already dug through the mulch of a flower bed to get to the wet dirt underneath. He spread the mud every place there was a sting. Within 5 minutes the pain was gone and there was NO swelling, except for 2 that he missed. I felt those for several hours. Yes. He spread it all over my face. I just kept my eyes closed for a few minutes.