BEEF - I'm so excited

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
murphysranch said:
Me too!

Funny about the dog - I could see her dropping the rawhide in my mind's eye...
:D Her mouth just dropped open! It was really funny!

I would love to know what she was thinking, she must have thought we all went out hunting or something.. :lol:

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Did you get a lot of steaks? I was thinking of getting half of a grass fed beef and I was wondering how much steak I could expect.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Woodland Woman said:
Did you get a lot of steaks? I was thinking of getting half of a grass fed beef and I was wondering how much steak I could expect.
They asked us what we wanted, how many people in the household etc... I had a choice to get lots of roasts or lots of ground beef, I chose the ground beef to make sausage etc...

We did get a good amount of steaks, I packed it into the freezer, and saw lots of t-bones, round steaks etc..

t-bone.jpg

I'm not sure how much we got in total I think more than I thought, the weight I got from the processor was hanging weight (630 pounds total - we got 315) I think I got most of that weight, that was measured after slaughter, the cows weighed around 1200 prior to slaughter. (the owner said they did have lots of mud on them at that weigh in time)

So I think we probably got double what we thought, we spoke to the owner today and will pay him $160 more because of the weight mix up... I think its still a good deal, even if the half weight on the hoof was 500 pounds, that would mean we got 300 pounds back (?).. (our trunk was seriously packed full, we couldn't have squeeezed in any more if we tried)