Beer recipes?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
, I've heard that beer makes a great marinade for meats, better than wine
I wouldn't say better, but as good and a different flavor. I use it to braise cheap cuts of beef. I just did that tonight but I only had wine...so we used the wine, but beer is also very tasty.

onebuggirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
ScottyG said:
Anybody have any good ideas for what I should do with some cheap, gross beer that I won't drink? My father-in-law was in town, and he bought some really cheap beer of a sort that my wife and I just can't stomach... and then only drank one. So what should I do with it?

I've made beer bread in the past, and like that pretty darn well. And I usually use a beer in my chili, or sometimes in beef stew. Any thoughts? Clever ideas people have?
You could always keep it and serve it to your father in law the next time he is in town.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
DO you ever make your own sausage? Add a little beer to it while your grinding it.
Brats are much better when steamed in beer. As a matter of fact I even steam my fish in beer. Tilapia is great steamed in beer.:D
Cooking a steak on the grill? Pour a little beer on top just before you turn it.

onebuggirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
DO you ever make your own sausage? Add a little beer to it while your grinding it.
Brats are much better when steamed in beer. As a matter of fact I even steam my fish in beer. Tilapia is great steamed in beer.:D
Cooking a steak on the grill? Pour a little beer on top just before you turn it.
OOH OOH great ideas. I will steam my tilapia with beer this weekend! I like to put a potatoe chip crust on them normally.