Bento boxes

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I have a few rice molds but don't really use them since going low carb and finding out DS is allergic to rice. I have egg molds which are lots of fun!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I'm hoping to do some things with quinoa or amaranth grains in place of rice.

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow all that stuff requires some serious talent and time...

I have neither... thank goodness my kiddos are home-schooled and have no clue these exist or they would pester me daily! hahaha

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Well, if I understand right, it started as a push to get Japanese kids healthy home cooked meals and, Japanese style, turned into a motherly love competition. :gig

Then it exploded because kawaii is so in. Kawaii is Japanese for CUTE! Not just cute. Definitely CUTE!

:D

I love it. I want egg molds. I want the seaweed punches for faces too lol.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
It started for me as way to make home lunches exciting for DS when more than 95% of the kids he went to school with ate the school lunch and brought crappy prepackaged snacks everyday. It also started a lot of interesting lunch time conversations for him! He doesn't get into the cutesy aspect of it so much any more. But apple slices cut to look like rabbits do help make up for gummy fluorescent "fruit snack". It all started when I found a Totoro bento box. We love the movie My Neighbor Totoro. And we're watching it again for at least the 43rd time right now!!