Best Christmas score yet?

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
For those of us here that celebrate Christmas & have been buying presents, what is the best score you have got so far? Me I was in Walmart yesterday to get a guitar game for ds & his PS2. Well I went with a guitar that is compatible with both the Rock Band & Guitar Hero games & was less money & wireless to boot for $39.98. So I was looking at the game software & trying to decide whicih one to get him, Rock band was $29.98, the first 2 guitar hero ones were $39.98 & the third one was $49.98 each the 4th one was $39.98. Then on the very bottom I saw a 3 disc set for Guitar hero & asked the sales clerk which ones they were & how much it was. It was the first 3 discs & was only $50!!! So I really only paid for 1 & got the other 2 free in reality. I did not hesitate I bought it right then & there! Ds has been wanting this thing since they first came out a few yrs ago & it was not in the price range with our budget at all & now this is the main Santa gift this yr & I think he will be happy! Guess it will make up for the other gifts that I got dirt cheap.
How about you any great finds like that?

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Great score on the guitar game and games! I have not done enough shopping to get very many good deals. But, I did go to JoAnn's the day after Thanksgiving and loaded up on some of the fabric they had on sale.

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am mostly giving cash this year. But my 5 year old made a pretty extensive list. LOL I have told him he is not getting all of that because it's too much and Christmas is supposed to be about having hope and being nice to people. (He is not impressed.)

But I did get a few things on his list. Mainly things that I really want him to have...

I got him a Rubic's Revolution for $9.99 at Amazon (with no shipping and no tax) and I saw it a couple of days later at Walmart for $18.98 or something like that. So I felt like I got a good deal there.

I also got him a microscope (on his list) that's $60 at toysRus for $24.99 at Amazon. But after I got it, I saw where it had gone down even further, so I didn't get the best deal possible, but still a pretty good deal. LOL (I'd seen it listed for $180 elsewhere on the web, which I thought was just idiocy and I wouldn't even consider it. But it is usually $50 at amazon.)

I got him a few other things that I thought were a good value. I try to get things that will last and will be useful for a long time. But those two were my best scroes, I think.

Cassandra

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
I do mypoints. So far, I've gotten some great gift cards for nieces and nephews. While not really a "deal", I like getting the gift cards for clicking through emails and taking surveys.

DH wanted a new barn coat this year and I found a brand new one at the local consignment shop for $20! When I took it to the cashier, she said that the seller code on the tag showed that the item was 50% off. So I paid $10!! Cool Beans! :ya

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good deal HM
I know that makes you happy.

Doesn't it drive you nuts when companies do that......they price a thing so high, then do a "gift set" or something and price it lower....just drives me nuts wondering if there is that cheaper boxed version out there when I buy things..LOL

You scored.

I got good deals on all Nicole's toys. But nothing fab. Best I did was she wanted a cash register and I saw one at ToysRUs for $34. No way for a piece of plastic, so I found one at Big Lots for $10....or the dollar store, not sure where but I grabbed it for $10 cause, heck, being a toy it is played with then pushed aside as usual..HA HA

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Cassandra said:
I am mostly giving cash this year. But my 5 year old made a pretty extensive list. LOL I have told him he is not getting all of that because it's too much and Christmas is supposed to be about having hope and being nice to people. (He is not impressed.)

But I did get a few things on his list. Mainly things that I really want him to have...

I got him a Rubic's Revolution for $9.99 at Amazon (with no shipping and no tax) and I saw it a couple of days later at Walmart for $18.98 or something like that. So I felt like I got a good deal there.

I also got him a microscope (on his list) that's $60 at toysRus for $24.99 at Amazon. But after I got it, I saw where it had gone down even further, so I didn't get the best deal possible, but still a pretty good deal. LOL (I'd seen it listed for $180 elsewhere on the web, which I thought was just idiocy and I wouldn't even consider it. But it is usually $50 at amazon.)

I got him a few other things that I thought were a good value. I try to get things that will last and will be useful for a long time. But those two were my best scroes, I think.

Cassandra
I think you did pretty good with those 2 items. Anytime you can get something for less than half price I say go for it.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
keljonma said:
I do mypoints. So far, I've gotten some great gift cards for nieces and nephews. While not really a "deal", I like getting the gift cards for clicking through emails and taking surveys.

DH wanted a new barn coat this year and I found a brand new one at the local consignment shop for $20! When I took it to the cashier, she said that the seller code on the tag showed that the item was 50% off. So I paid $10!! Cool Beans! :ya
I have a scanner here that I scan my purchases with & a few yrs ago I earned enough "Points" that I was able to get almost everyone on our list a gift card of $10(I think I got 10 of them) that yr. Everyone loved them & we did not have to spend anywhere near the amt of money for gifts that yr. So your "points" are a great deal, I just signed up for that so maybe next Christmas I can use them. Great deal on the jacket too! I got dh a new flannel shirt jacket that is fleece lined @ Kmart Sun for $25, it was 50% off too.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Good deal HM
I know that makes you happy.

Doesn't it drive you nuts when companies do that......they price a thing so high, then do a "gift set" or something and price it lower....just drives me nuts wondering if there is that cheaper boxed version out there when I buy things..LOL

You scored.

I got good deals on all Nicole's toys. But nothing fab. Best I did was she wanted a cash register and I saw one at ToysRUs for $34. No way for a piece of plastic, so I found one at Big Lots for $10....or the dollar store, not sure where but I grabbed it for $10 cause, heck, being a toy it is played with then pushed aside as usual..HA HA
I am just glad I did not buy just one & then later find out I could have gotten the gift set cheaper in the long run. The cashier thought they might have been left over from "Black Friday" deals. Fine by me at least I am able to get him a little more for less really. I agree about the cash register, it will be played with for a few days & then only occasionaly after that. Has Nicole gone to see SAnta yet? We will be going this Sun after Church, we always go on the day the sunday school program is as Don goes to Church with us that day. We take one pic of both Richard & Danielle together on his lap. I am wondering if this will be Richards last yr of believing in Santa or not. I am so glad he has held on to it this long, but I worry every yr it will be his last & some of his magic will be lost & gone forever. Now to just get him to let Danielle believe as long as she can is going to be tough, although Scott hasn't tried to ruin it for Richard so maybe there is hope there.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea Nicole believes in Santa big time of course.....LOL....but I know what you mean, when you lose that Santa time......something just changes. I guess we start to get disillusioned on alot of things as we grow don't we..LOL

Once Santa goes, then the Easter bunny, tooth fairy, all of them..HA HA

I guess we can try to drag it out as long as we can! :)

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Yeah the all go once Santa goes which is too bad. Although a few yrs ago I had ordered a leather bomber jacket for Scott & a wallet for Don from Sear's leather connection & I got a letter that they were on back order & would not be delivered until after the new year. So I wrapped up the pics of what I ordered them instead & planned to tell them what the deal was Christmas morning. We were still at my parents house Christmas eve when the phone rang a little after 8pm & it was dmil to tell me a UPS delivery had just been made from Sear's!! I could not believe it, I got it from her after getting home & after they opened their gifts I gave them their late deliveries. Tell me there is no Santa!! That yr he was wearing brown instead of red is all. :clap