Best cold weather chore gloves

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DH had brought home some nice work gloves that have been great until recently. They do not keep my hands warm at all and my fingers are burning before I am halfway into outside chores. Anyone have any recommendations? I am hoping to find something that I wont have to change into and aren't too bulky to maneuver locks and waterers/feeders.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I use liner gloves and mittens! I use the little magic stretch gloves for liners. There are magic stretch gloves that are 3/4 length fingers and long cuffs - I am trying those. I would use arthritis compression gloves but I can't find any that fit my hands (I have arachnodactyly and child-sized wrists, but normal sized palms).

I like synthetic sherpa fleece lined mittens. I use smoker's mittens too.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I have been working on insulating metal things I touch during chores. That seems to help me the most. We'll see what I say in January...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've never have found any decent gloves for working in the winter months. So I just continue to use leather roping gloves. The lambs skin ones seem to agree with me most. I do get them a little small because the stretch a little and break in to fit like a glove 😂

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸