Best firestarter

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm saving the lint from the dryer to use to help start a fire if we ever need it.. I also got several big handfulls of bark from a crepe mertyle tree and brought it home an am puttin some of it in the bag with the lint.. Gave my boy's each a bag of the lint last year at christmas since they hunt alot.. They said it worked great.. I also think they used a lot of it up just lighting it to see what would happen. LOL.. They are 21 and 24. they came over another day and asked for more.. I suggested they start saving it themselves.. It takes a while to fix a zip lock bag..

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Pirtykitty said:
I'm saving the lint from the dryer to use to help start a fire if we ever need it..
I've started doing the same myself. I'm also going to start buying lighters when I find them cheap. I laughed while watching an episode of "Man Woman Wild" on Discovery Channel, when the wife looks at the camera & says "NEVER GO INTO THE WILDERNESS WITHOUT A LIGHTER!" (I think they were trying to do the bow & string method & getting VERY frustrated! :lol: