YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi All,
We have a 2 1/2 stall "shop".

We started setting it up as a shop, but 2 years of illness, and a bad roof on another shed temporarily forced everything into the shop. Right now it's being used as storage for EVERYTHING (motorcycle, bikes, tools, lawnmowers, weedeaters, chain saws, chicken stuff, potting stuff, used feed bags, paint, gas cans, wood scraps... You name it- it's in there!) So much so, that right now the shop isn't usable as a shop.

My husband is retiring soon, and I want to have the shop completely cleaned out, painted and organized for his retirement.
All but shop stuff will be going into a new garden shed being added to the back of the property.

My questions for all of you are:
1) What is your favorite thing about your shop?
2) What have you done to make things easy to keep organized?
3) What are your favorite tools for woodworking?
4) If you had a 2 1/2 stall shop to work in, what would be on your dream list?
5) Looking at the pictures, what are some ideas for making this a great place for my husband to enjoy? (There's a mini fridge in there somewhere, along with a rolling microwave stand and microwave and coffee maker.)

I have a whole pile of pegboard that I got free that I plan on putting up. I also have a 14' counter with 35 drawers (free to me) that I have been using to sort tools, nuts and nails and screws, painting supplies, window splining stuff, masonry tools, etc.
There are two 14' long wood tables. We already have a jig saw, table saw, circular saw, hand saws. It was used as a shop before we had it, and it has LOTS of electrical outlets.

Here are some "before" pictures:
I always love to check out some stuff being auctioned.. I usually find very interesting stuff.. I really find excitement in it