Beware of Baker Creek and Comstock seed numbers.....

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I got some tomato seeds, expecting thirty seeds.

I planted 108. :th

I'm so glad I didn't get two packets! I wanted more than 30 plants, but thought I'd see how many seeds I got first. Glad I did!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Better than expecting 30 seeds and getting 20! :D

Remember you can store those seeds for next year. Even the year after that if you keep in mind germination rates may go down a bit.

But you gotta love Baker Creek. They know how to make customers happy!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
:lol: Onion seeds from them have about double the stated number as well.
Its all good!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Lord, I was expecting something bad....you mean they are actually giving you MORE for your money??? Shame shame! :lol:

Love Baker Creek!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I thought that title would get people looking.....and I wanted to get a good word in for this wonderful company!

Save them? I just kept planting! I'll save some from my tomatoes, as I am only planting one variety in the back garden. I'll purchase one or two plants for the garden by the house for daily picking and eating, and the Jersey Giants will be for sauce, salsa, chili, etc! Woohoo!

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Lord, I was expecting something bad....you mean they are actually giving you MORE for your money??? Shame shame! :lol:

Love Baker Creek!
Me too! My shipment just arrived Monday. :weee

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Two more good things about Baker Creek...

1) The freebie packet of seeds you get with your order. Last year I got thai eggplant. I had no need for it but was able to trade it for other things I wanted on www.TheEasyGarden.com. This year I got some cool round carrots. I am keeping those :D

2) If they make a mistake, they FIX IT! I ordered black cherry tomato seeds last year. Once the plants grew, they WERE NOT black cherries but black plum. Their plants cross pollinated apparently. The sent me a free pack of replacement seeds. My choice.

firem3

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I would like to give a good job plug to my favorite seed company too. Heirloom Acres Seeds out of Missouri does what they say and back it also. I got a batch of questionable seeds and they were quick to send me another batch. They will do bulk orders (pounds of seeds instead of packets on most items). They are always quick to answer questions and will do a rush order if needed. They don't give out free stuff but they do have a huge selection and reasonable prices.

http://www.heirloomacresseeds.com/

Wifezilla

Reaction score
Cool :D It is nice to have a backup if Baker Creek sells out on a favorite.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
firem3 said:
I would like to give a good job plug to my favorite seed company too. Heirloom Acres Seeds out of Missouri does what they say and back it also. I got a batch of questionable seeds and they were quick to send me another batch. They will do bulk orders (pounds of seeds instead of packets on most items). They are always quick to answer questions and will do a rush order if needed. They don't give out free stuff but they do have a huge selection and reasonable prices.

http://www.heirloomacresseeds.com/
I think I know where that company is! DId not go in, but I am sure that is the one we drove by.
Is it near Versailles?