Big lots fruit trees

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I haven't check yet, but the peaches in my avatar are from a $5.00 Clearance Red Haven dwarf peach tree purchased at Big Lots several seasons back. It has provided LOTS of fruit over the years. :D

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I'll be looking now! I hope someone posts here when they show up, because we are not really close to any Big Lots....hint-hint.... ;)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Both of my pear trees came from Big Lots two years ago.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Are they affordable? I called ours and they don't have them in yet, thus no prices. I live in a nursery area and can buy at $25 and up, but they are also are shipped in. I've bought many assorted and none survived, with no guarantees.
Big Lots many get theirs from a different source and I'm willing to give it another try, particularly if cheaper.

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
2 years ago I bought a half dozen pear trees, 2 Keefer, 2 red Bartlett , 2 moon glow they we 12.99 each

last year we started moving to our new farm so I went a little nuts :ya I bought 14 at $13.99 dollars each, they were 2- Winesap, 2-dwarf McIntosh,a Jonathan and a Melrose apple, 2- Dwarf Elberta, 2 Royal Mountain plums, 2 flowering crabs, a adju (? spelling ) Pear and one other peach but I can't remember what it was right now. They were a great investment and all made it through the winter wonderfully it looks so far.

This year I am looking to replace 3 apples my horse ate when it got loose for a day over summer. 2 extra apples to finish the rows I planted up either side my lane between the horse fence and the drive way. A few flowering crabs for around the house and I am hoping they get some type of cherries in this year. :fl so I don;t have to pay the $25 or more that lowes/ home depot or more at a nursery. It is bad enough that is where I had to get my Granny Smith and my shio plum from.

If they are around $15 they will still be a deal even though they went up again this year. They are always a nice large size, potted not bare roots or anything, and when it was $10 last year for a grape plant at Lowes in a gal pot, they are a great investment from my point of view. I have had great luck with them year after year. I do try to catch them every year when they first get them. For like the past three years or so since my dad started my orchard for me. That way I can get first pick and bet the local landscapers to the mark ;) They bring a pick up and trailer usually ( oops I do that too :smack)

opiemaster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
WOW, I didnt know that big lots carried them, Well, thats on my to-do list for in the morning. I am wanting somemore apple trees. Thanks for that info!!;)

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
How old are the trees?

Geez, I wish I could get trees that cheap... I pay between $50 and $100 for trees, thats fruit trees.

eggs4sale

Lush who can't use a cheese grater
Reaction score
Are the trees between the seasonal ornaments and the discount deodorants??? I've never seen trees in our Big Lots :(