Big lots fruit trees

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ours they have the trees outside the front of the store and things like roses and flower bulbs inside in the middle of the main isle.

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
How old are the trees?

Geez, I wish I could get trees that cheap... I pay between $50 and $100 for trees, thats fruit trees.
I am not sure how old they are but they are in a 2-3 gal pot and the fruit trees are usually 4-6 ft high now the plums I got last year were about 3 ft high from the top of the pot. But some of the shade trees they usually get in at ours are easily 10 ft

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
nightshade said:
lupinfarm said:
How old are the trees?

Geez, I wish I could get trees that cheap... I pay between $50 and $100 for trees, thats fruit trees.
I am not sure how old they are but they are in a 2-3 gal pot and the fruit trees are usually 4-6 ft high now the plums I got last year were about 3 ft high from the top of the pot. But some of the shade trees they usually get in at ours are easily 10 ft
Geez, thats the same size pretty much as the trees I pay $50 for... Darn Canada lol

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
How old are the trees?

lol, exactly... I was super excited to find fruit trees for $60 last year. (it died)... now I'm wary...

There are some Canadian websites that sell trees though (I have no idea what shipping would be because I've never ordered) and they are all around $30/tree (2-4feet tall)

http://www.henryfields.ca/category/Peach_Trees?r=121908HCG&p=H00002&gclid=CL-dlKPEuKACFctY2godi0VlTA

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Thanks for the price ranges! I can't wait to see what is offered at my store. :bun

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hwillm1977 said:
lupinfarm said:
How old are the trees?

lol, exactly... I was super excited to find fruit trees for $60 last year. (it died)... now I'm wary...

There are some Canadian websites that sell trees though (I have no idea what shipping would be because I've never ordered) and they are all around $30/tree (2-4feet tall)

http://www.henryfields.ca/category/Peach_Trees?r=121908HCG&p=H00002&gclid=CL-dlKPEuKACFctY2godi0VlTA
I got mine from Canadian Tire :D They were the cheapest, Home Depot costs a small fortune. You really have to buy the Canadian Tire ones *right* when they get them though or a) they run out b) they die because no one waters them lol. If it's cold out still, I put them in the garage to keep warmy.

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
oooo nut trees boy that would be a nice find at ours too :ya ! I would love to have some chestnuts, I just love to eat chestnuts but since my brother got my grandfather's homestead I no longer have access to the chestnut trees I grew up loving. :somad

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I have found both walnut and pecan at mine. Nut trees take a long time to start to produce, but they are such a valuable tree.

Latest posts