black and brown bugs with antena

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Then they could be a type of roach. Roaches have hair like antennas. Some have wings, others don't. And, the young don't have fully developed wings. Try goggling blattellidae and see if you can find a pic of your insect there.

Laureli

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Then they could be a type of roach. Roaches have hair like antennas. Some have wings, others don't. And, the young don't have fully developed wings. Try goggling blattellidae and see if you can find a pic of your insect there.
we are getting closer.... when I describe the black brown color and then saw the pics above, I realized that not everyone can see my bug yet. The insect is brown say 2/3 of its body and then has a black tail end ...the last third. i am pretty certain of this and not the other way around. Black for 2/3 of its body and brown at the third of the tail". Does this give any more ideas as to what I am describing.

I will be looking at more bug pictures in the meantime. :caf

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
it sounds like what we call a waterbug in south carolina

eventhough we call it waterbug its not a waterbug...waterbug and is easier to say than palmetto bug or cockaroach

kinda like when we are talking quick we refer to children as chern

Laureli

Power Conserver
Reaction score
no. there are segments about an eighth of inch wide down its body. I would say 1/2 inch? to last night's critter of close to an inch. The head is not separate like an ant's head, but those pics have the body type. Kinda like an armidillo's segments only there is no way that this insect can roll its body like that. My insect remains flat.
:rolleyes:

Thank you for helping. Don't anybody give up yet, PLEASE :bow I am going on a bug hunt when it gets dark. :)

Laureli

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:idunno no color is wrong... segments are not as distinct as in those woodlice bugs

:(

Laureli

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Laureli said:
:idunno no color is wrong... segments are not as distinct as in those woodlice bugs

:(
and I think it has too many legs... looks more like a centipede and soft outer body. My insect has a glossy harder body.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Well, hopefully you'll be able to get a pic tonight. W/a pic, I should be able to get a general idea of exactly what it is.

Latest posts