black and brown bugs with antena

Laureli

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:/ color isn't right. After I put my daughter to bed I am going to draw it with crayons.... :p Thank you all for stickin' with me.

Laureli

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ok I just drew a colored pic, scanned it and previewed. I thought if I saved it as a jpeg, it would pick up the color. It is just a black blob. Back to the "drawing board" and looking at pics :rolleyes:

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
brown_stink_bug_adult.jpg

bmsb_l_001.jpg

stinkbug.jpg

Look like any of these?

If so then they're Stink bugs!! If you're in the Piedmont of NC then you probably are just getting them. They are an invasive species from Asia that ended up getting released up here in Allentown PA when they came over on a container. We've been dealing with them now for about 3 years up here in MD and they are WRETCHED. There are nights we can catch 20 of them off the kitchen ceiling. They prefer warm places, and gravitate to lights, and often windows. But depending on the temperature they sometimes try to "hide" and stay warm.

Disgusting little boogars, I swear.

Laureli

Power Conserver
Reaction score
murphy's law just went into effect. Now that I am actually looking for them, I will not see one. As soon as I do, I will capture, picture and post. I reviewed some pics again and i can see where I might be getting close. I think the most distinctive thing about this insect, is the color. The orange~y brown and the distinct black on the rear end. Someone asked size... not good a judge on that ... maybe an inch. I have seen them a bit smaller. anyway. going to put it to rest for awhile and get back here when I have a pic. Thanks every one :cool:

Laureli

Power Conserver
Reaction score
hqueen13 said:
http://www.ent.iastate.edu/images/hemiptera/stinkbug/brown_stink_bug_adult.jpg

http://www.hgic.umd.edu/content/images/bmsb_l_001.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mecmx9OncA4/TZZrsUvbeUI/AAAAAAAAFjc/YEiT85UVErg/s1600/stinkbug.jpg

Look like any of these?

If so then they're Stink bugs!! If you're in the Piedmont of NC then you probably are just getting them. They are an invasive species from Asia that ended up getting released up here in Allentown PA when they came over on a container. We've been dealing with them now for about 3 years up here in MD and they are WRETCHED. There are nights we can catch 20 of them off the kitchen ceiling. They prefer warm places, and gravitate to lights, and often windows. But depending on the temperature they sometimes try to "hide" and stay warm.

Disgusting little boogars, I swear.
Agreed! Except we were invaded by a similar bug and learned that they were "squash bugs" because they were on our pumpkin crop, butternut and zucchini. the body on my insect is more oblong or elipticle...

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Laureli said:
Agreed! Except we were invaded by a similar bug and learned that they were "squash bugs" because they were on our pumpkin crop, butternut and zucchini. the body on my insect is more oblong or elipticle...
Likely still the same bug or a variant of it. I have noticed that many of ours don't look exactly the same as these images. These super large pictures don't really do the bug justice since you can't see all that detail on the real thing, they're tiny (compared to the images anyway!)! Barely an inch long, really. Up here they've gone after the soy crop, and I believe corn, though I'm not sure since I don't grow crops (I have 4 legged issues that I can't control). I think I've heard they've gone after apples and fruit in orchards, too. So it wouldn't surprise me if they go after the squashes and such, too.

Yucky things, they get everywhere...

Latest posts