Blackbird's SS Journal - Country to City

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Lol.
I've heard of it and seen the preview but never watched it.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Become a massage therapist and also have a small farm and sell your products at the farm markets. Make and sell soap, maybe branch out into lotions, lip balms, and such.

The "freak" works well in those areas! Very crunchy granola!

Who wants to fit in, anyways? I sure don't. Trust me, you'll become more comfortable with it as you get older and settle on a place to live and work and develop a network of friends who are either similar, or better yet, widely varied but accept you for who you are. That is what I have....not really any local friends who share all my interests, but a bunch of good friends who find me interesting (or maybe just entertaining, like any good freak show! :p )

This disconcerting time is temporary, just a blip on the radar of your life. Life will get good. Focus on how peaceful and safe you are in your home. :hugs

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I just made some lovely lemonade with raw honey!
Unfortunately the lemons were storebought..
I have an aunt that lives in Texas about 9 months out of the year with grapefruit, orange, and lemon trees.. No pesticides at that! So we usually get a nice batch of citrus blend from her... I had no idea how different storebought lemons tasted until now! And not in a good way!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I haven't had lemonade in such a long time.. DEFINITELY too much sweetness for me. Not specifically because of the lemons, but on an overall level.

Thanks Monique! :hugs
It might be a stretch, but I almost think I've been an outcast my entire life.. still getting used to it! :rolleyes:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Your life has not quite begun yet, my friend.....I think 30 is the magic number. It is by then that many people start to feel a bit more sure of who they are. A bit.

You seem to fit in more with older people, and older people probably don't accept you as an equal now, generally. They will, more, later. Once you have a few wrinkles and a few "highlights" :rolleyes: in your hair....

You are not an outcast here. We luvs ya!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Well as I've found out because of a recent stalking scare.. Some older people actually DO prefer my youth... :sick :smack

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Predators don't deserve the term "people..." :somad :rant :smack

I've had some stalking experience, too, and it is not fun. Mace, my friend, good ol' pepper spray.... :D

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
stalking . . . Do I need to pull out the big can of whoop @$$ on somebody ?
:somad :rant :smack :smack :smack I hope they back way off and leave you in peace. You need to find a suitable sweetie to enjoy life with. But it needs to be who you want, and when you're ready. Don't let anybody pressure you.

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
Your a whole, what year, younger than me! I totally understand the whole "not fitting in with your age group" thing. :) I tend to befriend folks old enough to be my mothers or grandmothers. We fit in here. :D