blueberries!

raro

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yeah, I've tried blueberries plants for years. I do have exactly one (top hat blueberry, that is made for small containers) that has given me a handful, but only one handful, for the past 2 years. I want enough to freeze and/or can, so I have to take them where I can get them. I stopped by there again yesterday and they were already $1.99. Oh, well, it was fun while it lasted!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I think I bought blueberries for $1.49 at Aldi's yesterday.

I wasn't supposed to have to buy blueberries this year. I have six bushes, and they were ALL LOADED down..but I have a 3 year old son who plucked ALL of the berries off 4 of the bushes.
Might get a whole whopping pint of blueberries off the two remaining bushes.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
When you posted the 99 cents blueberries at Aldi's, I rushed there the next day... a half hour drive. They were sold out. I couldn't get a rain check, the cashier had never heard of a rain check. So when we were in the area the other day, I stopped in and blueberries were $1.99 each. So we will wait and get them at the local blueberry farm, I think.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Keljonma, oops, posted a local blueberry update on your journal...

garden pixy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Back from aldi, $1.29/pint, not bad and they are local, that surprised me a little. I need to get the kids out to the blueberry farm and pick our own, it's just been way to hot for them.

BriteChicken

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
I think I bought blueberries for $1.49 at Aldi's yesterday.

I wasn't supposed to have to buy blueberries this year. I have six bushes, and they were ALL LOADED down..but I have a 3 year old son who plucked ALL of the berries off 4 of the bushes.
Might get a whole whopping pint of blueberries off the two remaining bushes.
:th I would been so sad. sorry to hear that. P.s. Blueberry people how many bushes should I plant I finally got the go ahead to plant some blueberry bushes in my parents backyard :celebrate but I don't know how many I should plant to get a good batch to can and freeze. All four of us are blueberry monsters and I'd like to be able to get some stored for the winter also... even if I had to :hide 'em