Border protection has seized enough fentanyl to kill 794 million people

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've watched drugs (and sin) systematically destroy the family next door to us. The mom was on oxycodone and oxycontin for pain for surgery. The daughter got hooked on them after taking some for terrible scoliosis, and went from there to herion. She's already been in prison twice, throwing away a scholarship for a nursing degree. One son had a child by a woman who took drugs throughout her pregnancy. She died of an overdose when the child was 15. The boy's dad died of a blood clot when the boy was 17. The boy went to live with Grandma, and his aunt (with the scoliosis) introduced him to drugs. He's 20 and has already been picked up by the cops, and spends most of his time homeless and wandering the streets.
@CrealCritter drama does seem to find you! But maybe it's just that you're prepared and ready. I'd love to have you for a neighbor!! That lady has a second chance. I hope she uses it well.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I appreciate your post, @frustratedearthmother and can see your point of view. But you only know a tiny part. And are not we ALL sinners? I could have gone on (and on) with the post, and chose not to. For me, it all comes down to sin. And yes, I am also a sinner. I'm not calling the kettle black. My point was not that they are sinners and I am not, but that drugs are not the cause of all of their problems.

And yes, the mom WAS prescribed the meds. Her daughter stole them. And not even for the pain. And I'm very well acquainted with scoliosis and with pain. My son's spine is twisted almost 90 degrees.

Your assumption that I don't have compassion is wrong. Or that I don't love them. or that I don't help them. I've been in their kitchen at midnight to protect the 107 pound grandmother from the grandson when he's raging high and dangerous, and I feed him and give him work when he comes home clean. I bring food to the grandmother when the daughter cleans her out. And i got the brand new weedeater out of the pawn shop after the daughter brought it in for cash. I loan my mower and tools and all I have to help them out, and have cut their lawn myself multiple times. We are the first people they call when they need help, and i talked to the grandmother for an hour a few days ago when she was asking me Bible questions that this same daughter asked her. I've brought food over and over and over when the daughter stole stuff to sell for drugs. Just today, I let the grandson work so he could gas up his small motorcycle so he could go where he needed to go. I bring them watermelon, okra, tomatoes, and peppers from my garden, eggs from my coop, and food from our own table. My ladder is there to help them add an antenna to the roof, and I offered to take them to the ER when the grandson got bit by a spider. When they had a rummage sale, I brought tables to help.

I'm sorry your sister died. My brother in law shot himself, leaving behind a 3 month old baby, and brains all over the wall for his dad to find and clean up. And the other was killed in a bad drug deal. I'm sorry you are so very angry with any reference to God that doesn't meet your view.

I am there early morning, late at night, watching day and night, and yes, praying for them too. There's a whole lot more I could post. To me, it is sad that you are so upset that I said the word "sin" that you've already made up your mind about who I am and what kind of character I have, and that I am cold and judgmental. I deeply love my neighbor and her family, and am invested in their lives. I DO have compassion, help them daily, and love them enough to look beyond the symptoms.

Just so you know, this neighbor asks me for prayer, delights in talking about the Bible, comes to me when she cries, comes to me when she hurts or is scared or needs a little help to make it to payday. Her one wish is to see her son again in heaven. I'm not saying anything she wouldn't tell you herself.

I do understand that you and I see things differently. I believe we are ALL sinners, and that the "cure" for sins, and also addiction is to put our faith in the LORD Jesus. I'm ok with you having a different opinion. But I think you are wrong in your assessment of my post.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I appreciate your post, @frustratedearthmother and can see your point of view. But you only know a tiny part. And are not we ALL sinners? I could have gone on (and on) with the post, and chose not to. For me, it all comes down to sin. And yes, I am also a sinner. I'm not calling the kettle black. My point was not that they are sinners and I am not, but that drugs are not the cause of all of their problems.

And yes, the mom WAS prescribed the meds. Her daughter stole them. And not even for the pain. And I'm very well acquainted with scoliosis and with pain. My son's spine is twisted almost 90 degrees.

Your assumption that I don't have compassion is wrong. Or that I don't love them. or that I don't help them. I've been in their kitchen at midnight to protect the 107 pound grandmother from the grandson when he's raging high and dangerous, and I feed him and give him work when he comes home clean. I bring food to the grandmother when the daughter cleans her out. And i got the brand new weedeater out of the pawn shop after the daughter brought it in for cash. I loan my mower and tools and all I have to help them out, and have cut their lawn myself multiple times. We are the first people they call when they need help, and i talked to the grandmother for an hour a few days ago when she was asking me Bible questions that this same daughter asked her. I've brought food over and over and over when the daughter stole stuff to sell for drugs. Just today, I let the grandson work so he could gas up his small motorcycle so he could go where he needed to go. I bring them watermelon, okra, tomatoes, and peppers from my garden, eggs from my coop, and food from our own table. My ladder is there to help them add an antenna to the roof, and I offered to take them to the ER when the grandson got bit by a spider. When they had a rummage sale, I brought tables to help.

I'm sorry your sister died. My brother in law shot himself, leaving behind a 3 month old baby, and brains all over the wall for his dad to find and clean up. And the other was killed in a bad drug deal. I'm sorry you are so very angry with any reference to God that doesn't meet your view.

I am there early morning, late at night, watching day and night, and yes, praying for them too. There's a whole lot more I could post. To me, it is sad that you are so upset that I said the word "sin" that you've already made up your mind about who I am and what kind of character I have, and that I am cold and judgmental. I deeply love my neighbor and her family, and am invested in their lives. I DO have compassion, help them daily, and love them enough to look beyond the symptoms.

Just so you know, this neighbor asks me for prayer, delights in talking about the Bible, comes to me when she cries, comes to me when she hurts or is scared or needs a little help to make it to payday. Her one wish is to see her son again in heaven. I'm not saying anything she wouldn't tell you herself.

I do understand that you and I see things differently. I believe we are ALL sinners, and that the "cure" for sins, and also addiction is to put our faith in the LORD Jesus. I'm ok with you having a different opinion. But I think you are wrong in your assessment of my post.

The main take away here is that drugs are VERY BAD! and cause a lot of pain that they were designed to relieve. It's just a different kind of pain, pain of the heart of those who care, which is the worst kind pain there is.

While in NC we lived next door to a family that sounds very similar to yours MMD. We were basically mom and dad to their children. I won't go into details for others because if they haven't been there, they really wouldn't understand anyways. Keep fighting the good fight MMD.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
CC, that poor woman is somebody's daughter. She may me somebody's sister, wife or mother. Somewhere, somebody loves her. You certainly loved her-more than she loves herself. You are a good man.